A true car story

There is good and bad to this story. you must sort it out and decide what you think is good and what you think is the bad.
Story, Last thursday..............
Called to do a day long job at a residential dwelling.I did some work there about a week ago but today as I understood it I needed to stud up some holes in one wall where a tv screen, several inset cabinets, and a door with jamb had been set in. After studding up, I needed to cover with 3/4" plywood as a new screen was to arrive that day weighing 350 lbs. They needed the wall to be secure as they would be screwing the 107" screen to the now flat, solid wall.
Armed with 2-3/4" sheets of ply and 12 studs I had earlier jointed I needed to get close to the garage door and the power so I had to have them move some of the cars in the 30 yard long drive way.
Okay he said. First one out, a lady, moved the big Lexis SUV, then he came out and moved the Mercedes station wagon and the ............

There was room now forme to back my truck into the driveway near the power source and the steps to the second floor. Upon entering the garage I noticed this little beauty. :eek:

woodlandsclient.jpg

woodlandsclient (1).jpg

woodlandsclient (2).jpg

While admiring it he said he had to borrow it from a friend.:huh: I needed to know more and the reason behind the borrowing.
I couldn't let it go so I said "Why did you have to borrow it :dunno: "?
Take a guess as to the response, you will never get it in a hundred tries.
Shaz

Let's see, he was going to take the M/B SL in for service? Or he was trading it in for a newer model and the new one was yet to be built.

Sounds like a win-win situation. The home owner is successful and is enjoying his wealth. You got a job to do, and didn't loose any money on the job. The bad part is that the Jag isn't an XKE.

"Why did you have to borrow it :dunno: "?
Take a guess as to the response, you will never get it in a hundred tries.
Shaz

Let's see... think about ludicrous reasons that Veronica (from Archie) would use...

... had to borrow it for his kid's senior prom

... had to borrow it so that he wouldn't drive his own car in the winter.

... had to borrow it to impress a client/boss/relative

... had to borrow it to take on vacation, to tow behind the RV

... had to borrow it so that it was unavailable -- I'd heard that "joe snob" who I don't like -- also wanted to borrow it.

... had to borrow it for a job interview

... had to borrow it because the local home ownership covenant requires (a) minimum 3 cars or (b) minimum car value of $100,000 in the driveway at all times.

... for carbon credits

... for my daughters sweet sixteen party.

enuf already! ;)

Post # 2 is the rear view of the wife's masseratti, the mercedes station wagon is the family car and his car...You all have been so creative and trying, but so far away.. His car burned into rubble on the side of the road, on a super highway about 6 miles outside of Houston.
It was a :eek: real woodlandsclient (4).jpg not like this one photographed several days earlier in his garage. This motorized toy is for one of the kids, and does run much better that his upgraded melted version.:doh: Oh well, they are getting by. :eek:
Thanks for trying. :wave:
Shaz

rear view of the wife's masseratti
A) Cue the "Joe Walsh" music. (Hey Marty, is he a relative of yours? :doh: )

B) Robert makes mental note to try to sell more to this guys... they can afford it. Oh yeah, and to raise the shop rates.

A) Cue the "Joe Walsh" music. (Hey Marty, is he a relative of yours? :doh: )

B) Robert makes mental note to try to sell more to this guys... they can afford it. Oh yeah, and to raise the shop rates.
Thanks Art,...Note to self..."Raise the Rates" :rolleyes: I like the sound of that. :D :type:

May I be excused for not guessing the correct answer? None of my neighbors can even spell Maserati, never mind own one!:eek: :rofl:
Hi Rennie, as you can see I can't either?:huh: I just read it on the back of her car when he moved it and immediately did my best to forget the spelling.:rofl: :rofl:

So he borrowed it from his friend, because his friend melted his Enzo?
Hi Jeff, I am not exactly sure who was in possession of the ( I've been told recently upgraded to $300,000.00 worth) Ferrarri (Sp) but I am to go out there tomorrow and maybe I can uncover some of the real truth.

Reguardless, I will be contented with my mode of transportation, a '96 pickup and give thanks, for the ability to walk, :wave: . Best wishes.
Shaz

copy then delete 003.jpgThis one is for you Rennie:thumb:
I don't know What to say...:huh: I thought the Ferrarri was totaled by the fire but today???? I went to the jobsite, didn't need to move any cars, but this is what I found just this morning.
copy then delete 004.jpg His, Hers, Theirs, and the borrowed white jag in the garage.:dunno: You will get an explanation if I ever get one.
Shaz

Attachments

• copy then delete 001.jpg
    copy then delete 001.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 12
  • copy then delete 002.jpg
    copy then delete 002.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: