the Twins are ready to be delivered

larry merlau

Well after many interruptions i have finally got the twins done and ready for delivery.. they kicked and screamed a few times and made me scratch my head as well... the biggest lesson i learned from these is that you dont put something off without good notes as to where you have been and where your headed.. i had to rethink a few operations in these to get them to come out close in appearance..

dresser-cx2.jpg

Wow you did a nice job on those. I like the color a lot. I wonder if they will look deeper or lighter brown in a hundred years?

Is a headboard comming too, or just the dressers?

Nicely done and you make a great point about journaling the project. Life interrupts and getting back on track is easier with road signs!

Wow you did a nice job on those. I like the color a lot. I wonder if they will look deeper or lighter brown in a hundred years?

Is a headboard comming too, or just the dressers?

i would say they will get darker,, cherry normally does but there is enough finish to slow it down some.. i made another piece for this client and it is now darking up pretty good but it had redder cherry in it scott.. didnt volunteer for no head board i need one for myself first:)

thanks for the high fives but like carol mentioned notes saved my behind and could have been better at doing it.. one thing that really burnt me was my mix for the toning of the pieces before final finish.. i had missed one part of the equation and so made a new batch with what had i left and made enough to do both..and i had just enough if i had lost or split any on the second one i would have been up a creek without a paddel and dave would have had to make a extra trip out to see me this fall:)

Looks great. Normally one can't stop labor, when having twins, so you might take a page from that play manual, and photo/video document where you are and are going, in the future. (reminder, aha moment)

Looks great. Normally one can't stop labor, when having twins, so you might take a page from that play manual, and photo/video document where you are and are going, in the future. (reminder, aha moment)

good point, randal... i do have some of the details i did to make it go better in my head yet and not on paper should go back and do some more notes in case there is another one some day..

Looking good Larry. Looking very good. I do have a habit of leaving little post-its (or long lists sometimes) on stacks of parts or partially assembled sections to remind me to do this before that when I get back. It does work ;-)