Cali Quake this morning

One of my non-woodworking friends posted this pic on Facebook a while ago. He lives in the Bay area. Most of what he lost was his mother's china. (He's a chef, so it meant more to him than it would some guys.)

Ray's China.jpg

I'm betting Brent and Sharon (and probably Jim Burr) have friends who were also affected. They might have felt it themselves, too.

Nothing this far south either. When you live in Cali you just subconsciously factor this into your life but, a quake of that size is hard to be prepared for on a daily basis. When the pantry ends up on the kitchen floor and the pool is down a third because the water's in your neighbors planters, you just have to pick up afterwards. Being a lifer I have tall furniture strapped to the wall, I really do understand what water heater straps are for and so forth. Bummer for Vaughn's friend's china. A quake of that size is gonna rock ya if you're in the neighborhood.

Have many co-workers both current and past and some good friends in the area. Lot's of building damage, stuff falling off shelves, kind of thing Stu is really used to :(