3 weeks ago today

The very best to you Bob. You made a great decision. I can not remember the details, I know it was after pre-med, but, for some reason, part of my education was the chemical and neuro reactions after quitting smoking. All I remember about it is---somewhere out there in a month or two or three the cravings return and if you give in to them, even a tiny bit, you get re-hooked.

Continue to Enjoy,
JimB

Good for you Bob.... I keep encouraging my step son to quit, and he has 3 times so far for about 24 hours once, two days once and 3 weeks once... but always back slid....

I never started myself, tried, but it didn't take... even tried when my first wife started smoking at 35... figured if I had to kiss and ashtray, may as well return the favor... still didn't take.

My father quit after 60+ years at age 74.... he developed a bad bronchial infection and the doctor said he needed to quit, so he laid them down... he did the same thing with his drinking...

Now you can buy one of these with the first years savings

:rofl:

When I lived in Hawaii I used to price everything in surfboards (I didn't actually have that many surfboards I just priced other things in comparison). "Man I'd go out to that dinner but that would be like 20% of a good used surfboard". It was surprisingly effective at judging how important something was to me (would I like that more than I'd like another surfboard? No? well.. then.. and I already have enough surfboards so..).