Picked up a new record player.

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Works ok, could use a little TLC, but in pretty good condition.

You'd be amazed at the folks putting out brand spanking new 45's nowadays.

And of course, the used record stores are more than happy than to provide some used ones...

SeeburgJuke.jpg

That's a great looking machine. How many songs can be set to play at once (as in a playlist)?
Not sure, How many quarters you got? :rofl:

I've got a lot to learn about it, but it's fairly clean. It mostly works, but has a few issues going on that are common to it's ilk.

I'm going to have the local jukebox guy come out and give it a once over and give me some tips.

Having one of those old Wurlitzer or Rock-Ola jukeboxes is one of my unfulfilled dreams. :(jukebox.png, even if I had to restore it, I have also thought about making a fake copy from one with a CD player hidden inside.

Congratulation for the adquisition Brent.

Pretty much, and the shooting part, LOL.

We're weeding through the 45's that were in there and putting some of my brand squealing new ones in. It's a fun evening!

Keep the old ones for target practicr. :) great buy Brent. Question is who is going to select whats playing ? He/She who has tge quarter?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yep, Working on filling it up and will keep a bowl of quarters on the machine. Whoever pops in the quarter gets to pick.

Played it a lot last night. It's a blast.

Sharon....that will attract keepers from Farmers Only dot com!
Nice score dude...the 45 section at the record store is huge!

45's ?

You can still buy 45's ???

Suppose you can get LP's too?

WOW - I would have thought that stuff was in the same place as 78's by now.

Cassette, 8 track, Compact Disk, even DVD - is pretty much history now.

For me - I am happy to have everything on digital, and carry the whole collection around in my pocket - and not even realize it's there.

The juke box is really cool though - I do have to admit that.

Yep, Got 4 brand new 45's in the mail today. New as in the music is from this year, and the vinyl too.

Also got 3 45's of one of my favorite 80's bands, 'The Hoodoo Gurus' in very good condition.

It's all out there, you just have to look!

The juke also plays 33 1/3 7" 'albums', which is pretty cool.

Don't get me wrong, I've got everything digital as well, but there is something nice and nostalgic about the vinyl.

Sharon....that will attract keepers from Farmers Only dot com!
Nice score dude...the 45 section at the record store is huge!

Gotta keep my options open :rofl:

A man-cave essential. Very cool!

I'm sure I see a Fossball or Pool Table in my future...not to mention the Coke Vending machine and/or slot machine...don't expect glamour if you ever come visit us :) Maybe we'll just make money off of all the quarters :thumb: