Aeolian Wind harp

Chuck Ellis

With all the musically inclined wood workers on this site, has anyone made an aeolian wind harp?

I have one on my to-do list and with the winds and breezes we get here, think one would be a hoot to make.
They cane be very simple or quite elaborate depending on your visions and skills.... I'll have to stick to the simple..

Here is a sketch of one I downloaded off the net.... aharp.jpg

And a couple of the more elaborate one..... 2 X 10 STRINGS WINDHARP.jpg
4 STRING HUMMER.jpg
06Isis.jpg
06AmbianceGardenHarp.jpg

They operate by sitting in the wind and the strings vibrate... pretty eerie sounds, but since I love wind chimes and such, think I would enjoy them.

Long been on the todo list but haven't gotten to it yet. The one book I have has a nice section on them somewhere here.... The plan out had looked a lot like the one you downloaded.

Let's see, been on my bucket list for at least 4 or 5 years. I had several sites bookmarked on my last computer that had plans and info on them. I think one would really be fun to make and sound nice out on my deck (my neighbors might not agree, but hey...).

I have been tempted several times to make a very, very large one on the hills behind the house...
:rofl: That would be epic. I wonder how big you can practically make one.. Right alongside a large wind driven pipe organ..

I also want to subscribe to whatever is cooking on Dan's newsletter.

Pretty big is apparently possible