A $2,800 Box!?!?

Scott R Smith

Just throwing this up here for some food for thought.

I know a lot of you guys like to build small boxes, and are very good at it.

Here is small cigar box covered in Crock/gator skin that lists for $2,800.

I guess if you've got $50 or so per cigar to burn up, a $2,800 box is good home for them.

The high end ones I've seen are made of Rosewood with 1/2 Spanish Cedar liner for the cigars,

and close like a refrigerator. Meaning real tight. Air tight when you drop the heavy lid.

A guy could probably make 10 of these in a weekend, and if he had some sales ability

sell the lot wholesale to a Cigar outfit, or maybe online. That would be a nice chunk of

change :) for a little bit of work. Although I'm not sure there is much of a market for

$2,800 cigar holders-lol.

To me, this color of gator skin looks very handsom, maybe I'll build one for myself???
aaa.jpg

http://designcentersearch.com/account/item_details.php?AID=galart&itemID=453304

Last edited:
I had a Jewelry box sell for over $10,000.00 at private auction an the jewelry box went to a young 8 year old girl with cancer in the UK an it was simple Box to so I'm not surprised at all
Here is a picture of the box

jewerybox.jpg

Scott, that's a heck of a box, for sure! Worth every penny to the right client.

Auctions are not a way to place value. For instance, Rick Hendrick donated $1million for the right to purchase the first 2014 Corvette Z06. The million went to cancer research. He still had to fork over $80,000 to buy the car when it came off the production line.

Last edited: