Computer Question

Paul Douglass

Before I head out to get some real work done, I decided to post a computer question, hoping some one can tell me what is up with my computer. For the past week or so, I have been having this problem. When I click on my toolbar, like my book mark tool bar, where I should have "drop downs" I have to click it several time to get the drop down menu to stay so I can select the item I want. When I click on the the "back" arrow, it will do back two pages instead of one, I have to click the forward arrow then the back arrow a couple times to get back one page. The whole thing is acting goofy. I don't know if it is a mouse problem or a system problem or what.

I have Windows 8.1, and use Firefox. Any suggestions?

My first reaction is that you are having a mouse problem. I have multiple mice, so I know what my first test would be.

If your mouse button is getting flaky, it could be double clicking when you think you did a single click. A double click would open and immediately close the drop down menus. Double back page is also a sign of double clicking.

Some of the response to mouse single/double click occurs in the operating software, so if you haven't rebooted lately, that might fix it.

Before I head out to get some real work done, I decided to post a computer question, hoping some one can tell me what is up with my computer. For the past week or so, I have been having this problem. When I click on my toolbar, like my book mark tool bar, where I should have "drop downs" I have to click it several time to get the drop down menu to stay so I can select the item I want. When I click on the the "back" arrow, it will do back two pages instead of one, I have to click the forward arrow then the back arrow a couple times to get back one page. The whole thing is acting goofy. I don't know if it is a mouse problem or a system problem or what.

I have Windows 8.1, and use Firefox. Any suggestions?

My first reaction is that you are having a mouse problem. I have multiple mice, so I know what my first test would be.

If your mouse button is getting flaky, it could be double clicking when you think you did a single click. A double click would open and immediately close the drop down menus. Double back page is also a sign of double clicking.

Some of the response to mouse single/double click occurs in the operating software, so if you haven't rebooted lately, that might fix it.

I've been having similar problems on mine... never thought about the mouse... I'll have to check that out... I just thought the computers were trying to take over our brains.....