Nothing is ever really new!

the only thing i can see is that they are straight lines they wave all over the pen like he had one to many to drink that day.. but for a guy that just got a lathe you done a fine job, ole coot:)

Hi Terry; Don't over think your designs and lose the randomness in them!

What is the thickness of your veneer inserts? I have some color dyed cherry veneer, but when it's split the dye coloring doesn't go all the way through!

I've had many good comments from the buying public, but they still sit in my inventory for the past 3+ years. I have them priced @ $40.00 ea. since I didn't spend time making the blanks.

Last edited:
Kinda tragic to trash one design over another. They both look great. Time to leave this forum when we have to argue over who did what when.

Kinda tragic to trash one design over another. They both look great. Time to leave this forum when we have to argue over who did what when.

Did this reply end up in the wrong thread or something? Because unless I'm missing something, there's not any trashing going on here. :huh:

I'll agree with your friend, Mack, the blanks were not really suited for making pens. So send them over to me and I will make sure they are kept in complete secrecy.

In other words, they look just great. Wish I could do that good.