Okay, Customer Service, You Won't Believe This One

Paul Douglass

I recently purchased a pair of Corona Loppers to replace my old ones that finally gave out one me. I bought Corona brand because my old ones have served me well for a very long time. I am in the process of removing about 35 large arborvitae, most around 15 to 20 feet tall. I have had the new pair for a little over a week and have really been working them. Well, there is a rubber "bumper" on the handle, not sure of it's purpose other the to absorb a little shock when you cut something, came off yesterday, wore off. This morning I decided to check if I could replace it, being as the loppers were new, I would like to keep them nice. I don't feel bad that it worn off, like I said I have really been working the loppers.

This morning I emailed Corona and asked where I could get the rubber thingy to replace. Figured, like most companies I would not get a response to an email. I got back for a break from working on the arborvitae and there was an email waiting? They wanted a model number and I couldn't read it any more because I have already worn that off, so I sent them a picture of the loppers.

Next break I checked the email and there was another response. REQUESTING AN ADDRESS BECAUSE THEY WERE SENDING ME A NEW PAIR OF LOPPERS!! I almost feel guilty! They did not ask for any verification of how long I have had them or whether I have miss treated them (course they did have the picture of them I sent). But hey, guess what brand of products I will always buy for punning and such!

I just sent an email to Corona Tools.

They deserve a great big thank you and to know the impact of positive customer service.

There are not enough companies out there willing to "serve" and I think they should be informed that the public recognizes a good deed done.

I don't expect and will not accept any gratuity - I just want to say thank you to them.

Kudos to a GREAT company.

I do not own and have never owned Corona loppers. For that matter - I have never even heard of Corona tools - that is until today.

On a woodworking forum I frequent (www.Familywoodworking.com) one of the members just had a more than positive experience with Corona tools.

That was such an impact to us that several members said they wanted to run right out and buy a Corona tool.

Personally - I now feel the same way. I don't need anything at this time but I will certainly remember the name Corona and I will buy Corona tool in a heartbeat.

That kind of customer service is SOOOOOO needed and longed for.

When I know of such a company - I just need to recognize it.

Thank you Corona Tool for being there. I am a future customer - for sure.

********************************************************************************

well paul i have one of there pruning saws and its has done me well.. and i am in need of a pole saw with looper attached and had a wagner that done me real well but will look art corona for that now:)

OK, Jim, less than 40 miles (not a lot!), but the True Value is only three miles. Gas and time in short supply lately.

I don't know that I can handle any more titles though. :rofl:

A little late on this tool, but for future.... I was telling my Nephew this story and how pleased I was with the service, and he says, "well heck, the company Jill (his wife) works for is owned by Corona (it a New Holland dealership), she can get any of their tools you need at cost."

I may go have another look at their catalog.