FRIDAY !

Tomorrow we have a neighborhood 5 annual reunion. Basically their were 500-600 kid with in 3-5 years of either way and we have been getting together. Uaually 2 around 250 show up, So this Saturday we do it again.

Then maybe a good ride Sunday and I hope to finish the loon.

Yeah can't believe I'm in Michigan
Said hi to Jim and mida weds night in Ohio
2 very talented people both are top craftspeople saw the prize winning table in person got to feel it also
I just love feeling beautiful woodworking
Pleasure seeing them again with my wife this trip

Got back from my first trip to Vegas yesterday...back in the office today. Hoping to get out of here early today, Vegas makes you tired. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is the neighborhood's fall festival. Parade in the moring, mini carnival all day and fireworks at dusk. Should be a good time. Sunday is rest and football. Go Pack Go!

At this moment, anxiously awaiting the start of trading in Alibaba (BABA), the largest IPO in history and hoping my fast finger will get me a few shares. Celebrating LOML's birthday this weekend with a nice dinner and setting out the low tunnels in the garden to protect the fall crops.

finishing up some small projects (pics to post soon) and starting on a few more. Trying to build up a little inventory for Christmas - its getting closer!

Tonight I've got a "goodbye summer" party the institute is throwing. My wife is going to come over for it, then she has dinner/drinks with some friends. I'll probably hang out for a while then have some shop clean-up to do, also need to do some maintenance on the mower. Hoping to start on the high chairs this weekend as the grandson is almost needing one. Sunday I might try to start brewing a pumpkin ale that the local brew shop put together for me last night.

You all have fun. Working the day job here. Would love to be visiting Larry and Tom or Dave this weekend. Sounds like great fun!

Got a little sawdust in yesterday morning. Replaced the tape tray on the rolling tote. I knocked it off during one of the moves. This time I added screws instead of just glue. Took way longer than it should have but I spent a lot of time digging around for tools and screws. May get the arbor for the Timberline saw back next week. Will have to find time to put the saw back together and then work on the rolling base for it.

Busyness ramps up in the fall in my business, so finding time while the weather to work outdoors is nice will be a challenge. Also have to prepare for the winter rains. Gonna be an optimist and plan on getting some. Like Dan, I'll have to pack away for the winter.

Spent a little time in the shop this morning, mainly studying the pen kits I have on hand to determine what additional bushing sets I need. This afternoon, I'll do some turning on some new blanks I cast recently.

Saturday, I'll do some turning - need a lot of practice!

Sunday will be the usual - brunch, rest, NASCAR at NH, rest, grill some rib eyes, drink some barley pops.

Yeah can't believe I'm in Michigan
Said hi to Jim and mida weds night in Ohio
2 very talented people both are top craftspeople saw the prize winning table in person got to feel it also
I just love feeling beautiful woodworking
Pleasure seeing them again with my wife this trip

Sounds like another great Michigan Weekend coming up.
Enjoy the great hospitality Allen & Elen, and safe travels:thumb:

Our younger son is home for a few days and our niece's wedding is tomorrow, so we're looking forward to sharing their big day and seeing many of the extended family.

Been trying like heck to get back in the shop. Ii have a ton of projects to start but I just can't seem to get out of the doldrums :( I need to get someone to give me a swift kick in the rear end I guess.

Been sprucing up the house this week. Minor repairs, painting, carpet cleaning, yard work. Getting prepared for a ton of people coming over Sunday for lunch after my grandsons baptism at church.

Good news is I'm still off cigarettes. Been almost 2 months now. The bad part is I've gained 15 pounds :doh:Diet starts Monday :rofl:
Saturday morning is my grand daughter Abby's soccer game then some shopping for Sunday.

Been trying like heck to get back in the shop. Ii have a ton of projects to start but I just can't seem to get out of the doldrums :( I need to get someone to give me a swift kick in the rear end I guess...

You need motivation? How about a project and a solution, all in one!

self-ass-kicking-machine.jpg

And congrats on the smoking. It's easier to lose pounds than to grow new lungs. ;-) On the plus side, the butt-kicking machine will give you good exercise for losing those extra pounds.

Busy weekend (and upcoming week). Bear with me as I describe the days ahead:

- Playing a gig tonight with The Donohoe and Grimes Project (my main band) at the Dragonhorn Tavern, a local pub.

- Tomorrow I meet with a real estate agent and hopefully sign a purchase agreement for a house offer we're putting together. (A fixer-upper in one of the better neighborhoods in town. Classic case of buying the worst house in the best neighborhood we can afford. Once cleaned up and a few minor repairs are done, it should be worth nearly double the current asking price.) Later tomorrow it's the State Fair, including the PRCA rodeo with Thompson Square performing afterward.

- Sunday it's more song-learning for the band I'm subbing in, The Electric Edric Project. (Both bands I play in are called "projects", because the personnel changes as needed to fit the gig.)

- Monday is work and pool league night.

- Tuesday is a 3-hour happy hour gig after work at The Barley Room with Donohoe and Grimes.

- Wednesday is rehearsal after work with Electric Edric.

- Thursday is work and more practicing at home.

- Friday is a 3-hour happy hour gig after work at Sneakerz Sports Bar with Donohoe and Grimes.

- Saturday (starting at the ungodly time of 8:00 AM) is a special outdoor event celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Albuquerque airport with Donohoe and Grimes. We play for three hours, followed immediately thereafter by three hours of The Electric Edric Project, featuring yours truly on guitar. That's two 3-hour gigs back to back with different bands. Oh, and in the middle there somewhere, I'm part of a 20-person team in the jet-pulling contest. Fortunately, the jets won't have any passengers, so they'll only weigh about 98,000 pounds, lol. I suspect I'm gonna be a pooped puppy by the end of the day.:thud:

Spent the day with the wife at the hospital getting a bone scan for her... checking on some pain she's having in her knee and hip.

Tomorrow will probably putter around the shop some... then Sunday Titans play the Bengals at 1 pm, kicking back in the lounge chair and watching the game.... however, there may be something wrong with my lounge chair... when I kick back and put my feet up, my eyes have a tendency to close... don't know what's with that yet.

Spent the day with the wife at the hospital getting a bone scan for her... checking on some pain she's having in her knee and hip.

Tomorrow will probably putter around the shop some... then Sunday Titans play the Bengals at 1 pm, kicking back in the lounge chair and watching the game.... however, there may be something wrong with my lounge chair... when I kick back and put my feet up, my eyes have a tendency to close... don't know what's with that yet.

chuck its just a matter of physics you change the balance point of your eye lids and they wont go shut:)