Fixed the problem with the instrument cluster on my Chevy Silverado

Don Baer

Staff member
The problems started several years ago first the Tach then the Oil pressure then the speedo quite working and finally all the gages quit. I did some research and found out the all GM trucks, Tahoe and Suburbans and Tahoe's built between 2003 and 2007 have a problem with the stepping motors that are used fail. Mine is a 2005. Speedo shops wanted Big bucks to fix the problem so I did a lot of research and found several U-tube how to fix it showing the correct procedure. I kept talking about it and finally decided to get it done. I ordered this kit on Amazon for $38. The only tools needed were a soldering Iron, solder sucker and a 7 MM socket. The whole job took less then 2 hour start to finish. Just thought I would post this in case anyone else out there has the same problem

Last edited:
Glad you got it fixed. I had a problem with the instrument cluster on a Chev PU I owned several years ago. The Chev guys told me the only fix was to replace the cluster to the tune of $700 plus. Did some research on the web and found it was a fairly common problem and there was a place in Canada that would fix it for around $100. I took the cluster out, sent it, it came back in less than 2 weeks fixed and I never had the problem again.