What's worse than finding a grub in a bowl blank?

I dunno...I think finding the other half on your face shield (or even worse, your hair) ranks right up there. :D

Could it be a Emerald ash borer ????
I know that they are making their way up to the Northeast. I see the purple traps up in the trees here and there around here.

Leo is right. Pretty gross :eek:

.... I see the purple traps up in the trees here and there around here....
Interesting, as a side note, back in the early 60's I spent two summers working for the Agricultural Research Service conducting Gypsy Moth (introduced in 1869 as a silk worm substitute) surveys in St Lawrence and Jefferson Counties in upstate New York. Traps coated with Tanglefoot and baited with female Gypsy Moth pheromones were placed on a half mile grid throughout the area. During my second summer I recorded the first catch of a Gypsy Moth in the area. They remain a serious pest of NY forests and have destroyed thousands of acres of hardwood forest in the state.

I once had one come out from hiding after bringing it into the house to show my wife. I grabbed it, promptly dropped it and the dog at it. :doh:My wife then said something like...."try to avoid that in the future" :eek::rolleyes:

At least I blew off all the dust and curlies before I came inside! :D

:rofl:

Finding half of one in the apple you are eating. :eek:

Grubs: It's what's for dinner!

r6UJPJ5U1uoV-rIpOcxBBTl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

I'd eat these tacos, but I don't do either raw onions or cilantro, so I'll have to pass. :rofl:

Well i would eat the tacos but first i empty out ALL the ingredients. Lol.

Kinda reminds me of my moms Yorkshire song she used to sing us when we came inside with a graze or bruise crying as kids.
" Nobody loves me everyone hates me think i will go and eat worms, big ones, fat ones, small ones thin ones, see how they wriggle and squirm. I bite off their head and squeeze out the juice and throw the skins away and nobody knows how i survive on three fat worms a day."

Thats what you got for sympathy. Lol :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Kinda reminds me of my moms Yorkshire song she used to sing us when we came inside with a graze or bruise crying as kids.
" Nobody loves me everyone hates me think i will go and eat worms, big ones, fat ones, small ones thin ones, see how they wriggle and squirm. I bite off their head and squeeze out the juice and throw the skins away and nobody knows how i survive on three fat worms a day."

Rob, my grandma used to sing the same to my brother and I when we complained about something. Forgot all about it until you mentioned it, thanks for the memory! :thumb:

Interesting. A mom in South Africa and a mom in Massachusetts sang the same song to their kids 50 or so years ago. My grandkids sing it now. Small world :)