things I noticed this past trip

allen levine

1.I cannot get a decent cup of coffee anywhere once I crossed over the new jersey state line. Not sure why. In Cleveland, we went to a gourmet coffee shop and it was equivalent to sewer water, wish I could remember the name.
Restaurants, quick stops, none of them served anything similar to east coast.

2. Pizza? forgetaboutit. very disappointing.

3.My wifes ford edge with the 6 cylinder engine got 22 miles per gallon for the entire 1970 mile trip there and back.

4.Larrys beard is longer than Jons.

5.Jim has a small addiction problem, not pills or booze, hand planes.

6.Mida and Randi are incredibly talented quilters. Not sure if my wife will ever come close to their level of expertise.

7.the most amazing feat this entire journey was that for 1937 miles straight, we did not hit one ounce of traffic.
at 1937, I clocked it, we hit some road construction that had us in bumper to bumper then stop and go but it wasn't bad.

8.Pigs like to play and play in mud and slop.

9.Im glad I don't have to mow jonathans grass.

10.must mention, every single service person we interacted with in Michigan was as sweet as sweet can be. polite, professional, even the min wage cashiers and gas station attendants. Must be some drugs in the water supply keeps them all mellow. Maybe good upbringing.
and on the opposite end, Cleveland people are worse than NYers when it comes to service.

Last edited:
noticed I left out louann, but all I can say is that if there is a bash next year at jons, you will all get to meet one of the friendliest and sweetest country girls there is.(even though shes really not a country girl) Jon is pretty lucky.

*country girl-meant only in an admiring way

Last edited:
Judging from your account of the trip, It sounds like you had had a very good time. I would gather that the first thing you did when arriving home was to get some "GOOD " coffee? :rofl: And of course a nice "slice of REAL, Pizza"?
Just kidding, It sounds like a good time was had by all, Congrats on the visits.

1.I cannot get a decent cup of coffee anywhere once I crossed over the new jersey state line. Not sure why. In Cleveland, we went to a gourmet coffee shop and it was equivalent to sewer water, wish I could remember the name.
Restaurants, quick stops, none of them served anything similar to east coast.

You just did not drive far enough. If you ever make out here, I will make sure you have a good cup of coffee...it won't be hard to find.