Fine Woodworking Subscription

Stuart Ablett

Well, I've been wanting a Subscription to Fine Woodworking for sometime, I finally put my order in on March 6th. After I did that, I wanted the "Web" subscription as well, for the videos and the archives of past issues etc.

I got my first print copy of the magazine and I went on line with my Customer number and signed up for the one year Web subscription.

MAN ALIVE is there a lot of content for that $14.95 a year!!! :eek:

I've already printed out at least a dozen articles on woodturning, and found a bunch of tricks and tips for stuff that will easily save me enough money to pay for the magazine subscription as well as the web subscription.

Alex, you were right, well worth the price of admission, I'd highly recommend it to anyone!

Cheers!

I took your ringing endorsement to heart, and just went over and subscribed to a year of the online version. (I really don't want any more stacks of magazines at home.) I can see from a quick glance that you're right about it being worth the $35.00 investment. :thumb: Thanks for the tip. :)

Good going Stu. It is well worth it for the vast archive of info there. Even if I stop the subscription the 35 bucks for the online only is an excellent deal. And me with the great color printers at work that do double sided printing...:D

Great timing Stu. I have been on the fence about the online service for too long. Glad to have some direct experience input.

well with so many ayes, I guess it is time for me to change my attitude. I have been subscriber since 93 but after forking out $100 plus for their CD and it was so bad, I think I just said "no" to anything electronic from them. So now I will get the online...it is cheap if it works so well. Thanks.

Hey John, nice to see you got in!

They have a ton of videos on there too, which is good for me, as I seldom get a chance to see someone do anything in person, video is the next best, I guess.

Cheers!

It is amazing what they have over there. Been subscribed for two years and I think half that stuff didn't even come from the magazines. I especially like that every think is in a nice pdf format to archive.

Fine WoodWorking

I've been looking up things at FWW online for about a year. My expenses for printer toner cartridges is through the roof. I like choosing stories by content, and I feel that the less-interesting material in the print copies simply adds bulk and creates a storage problem. I can never find anything in my growing library of printed FWW copies.

A guy in my woodworking club gave away a complete library of FWW going back to the 1st issue. I could almost see why. But with the convenience of the online service, I am sensitized by an editorial guideline at FWW. Articles are limited to 6 pages. In some cases that's fine. But when it comes to Lon Schleining (sp?) showing how to construct a workbench, I feel shortchanged. More. Give me more!:)

Anyone else feel cramped by the relative shortness of some featured stories?

Gary Curtis