Vaughn this ones for u..topia of pedals

Rob Keeble

This guy got tired of buying pedals to change things up so he designed a pedal that you can setup just the way you want and by the looks of it literally go to town with whatever sound and idea you want but still have it as a traditional pedal and not have to be using a app or computer etc to do it. Check out the video .....sorry its not got a link on its own as far as i can make out .

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modduo/mod-duo-the-limitless-multi-effects-pedal?ref=category

Would like to see the old guys of Pink Floyd get their hands on something like this and go to town making new music of their kind. :thumb:

Seems the designers don't actually use pedal boards. Where's the old Fender Volume/Tone pedal rewired to allow fade-in of your effects loop by pivoting your foot side to side? Where's the Cry Baby? The Foxx wah? The critical foot-operated potentiometer simulator must be coming in version 2.0.

That's pretty cool, but it also looks like something a person could spend a lot of time trying to get the "right" sound. It appears to have lots of flexibility, but no telling how intuitive it is to set up. (Might be great, might be a real pain.)

The pedals I'm currently using share several attributes with this MOD Duo system, but I believe some of the layers of complexity have been stripped back. For example, I can share patches (combinations of effects and their settings, stored as a file that others can use) with others, and I can change the order and type of effects in the signal path, but if I decide in the middle of a gig that I want to adjust something in a particular patch I can do it quickly and easily, and without a computer. It's hard to tell from the write-up how easily that can be done with the MOD Duo. Complexity and multiple options are a great thing as long as there's an intuitive way to control them. It's a corollary to McMillan's Maxim of Musical Mayhem: Anything with more than three knobs has more bad settings than good settings. The trick is to find the good settings.

Case in point: The pedalboard I'm using for gigs right now is the POD XT Live, which was first released about 10 years ago. It was state of the art in 2004, but it's pretty long in the tooth now. It's relatively easy to get good sounds out of. It's capable or remembering several hundred separate patches, but in reality I'm only using a total of about 12, spread between two bands. (I use a different set of patches with each ot the two bands I'm playing in.) I also have a newer pedalboard, the POD HD500. It's much more sophisticated, with much more flexibility and much better digital signal processing capabilities. But I don't use it live, because after nearly a year of tinkering with it, I still haven't gotten the dozen or so sounds out of it that I need.

... Where's the old Fender Volume/Tone pedal rewired to allow fade-in of your effects loop by pivoting your foot side to side? Where's the Cry Baby? The Foxx wah? The critical foot-operated potentiometer simulator must be coming in version 2.0.

According to the write-up, it already supports an expression pedal, which could be used to control the Cry Baby or fader app. Or you can use an Arduino with different sensors to control the effects. You can use a weight sensor, light sensor, accelerometer, heart beat sensor...but then again, the Maxim of Musical Mayhem comes to mind, lol.