Supper tonight

Rob Keeble

We having great fall weather so i picked up a couple of fresh snapper for Linda and I for dinner.
Who here likes fish? I could live on nothing but fish if i had my way. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1412290779686.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412290808511.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412290808511.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 14
Neighbor vacationed on Delaware shores a few weeks back and brought me some flounder. Had a nice piece of it for dinner a couple nights ago. Grilled it, with some lemon and butter. Terrific!

Looks and sounds delicious Rob.
I had a very nice mackerel-type fish (did not get the name, but will) last night, done slowly on a "sandwich grill" device, for about 20 minutes. It was wonderful, and the essence of freshness.
In the Maritimes, we're all about seafood, as you know. Last week Debbie and I had a dead-simple oven baked haddock fillet, topped with a mix of 2 parts mayo and 1 part grated parmesan, then sprinkled with panko crumbs. 6-7 minutes at around 400F did the trick.
And, you can never have enough creamy seafood chowder!

I love fish but love of my life doesn't really care for it so we don't have it that often unless we are eating out then I usually will order it over red meat of any kind. I don't order steak out since I believe I can grill it as good or better then I can get in any restaurant. As a matter of fact that's what I'll be doing tonight. Look good from here Rob

Last edited:
Bob, you need to come up for a few days, really. I have a chef friend you should meet who'll change your outlook:D

No no Peter dont encourage Bob to try fish then there is less for us . :)

Bob how can u live so close to the best seafood and not like fish. Especially fresh fish. Lol.

Oh boy guess none of you have ever had curried fish heads lol.

The meat around the head and jaw if baked or bbqed is really tasty because of the juices. :)

Those come from the lakes Rob? They look a bit different than the Snapper we get on this side of the big muddy.

Not entirely sure where the obsession about removing the heads comes from? :huh: Seems kinda like the folks who're confused about chicken coming from chicken to me (and I'm with Rob on the cheeks, best bits on the fish!)

I used to like to fish although I've only been maybe 4-5 times in the last 20+ years enjoyed it then to. Maybe I need to work less or something.

Where's the box they came in? :D

I like most fish, but kinda burnt out on rainbow trout at the moment. Dad was bringing me fillets from he catches almost every trip up here.

Ryan my fishmonger called them snapper i think they small versions of the mutton snapper. They trimmed the fins off.
Normally i call snapper a red pinkish fish bit bigger than these. We always knew them as red roman and when we get those we steam them in our bamboo steamer. If you have not tried fish done that way oh boy you have not lived.
When done you slice sides and pour veg oil and soy sauce which has been heated in frying pan very hot.
Yum yum
No box Darren ;)

I'm another one who's not all that fond of fish. I like other types of seafood (particularly shrimp, crab, and lobster), but just don't care for the flavor or texture of most fresh fish. I still eat it, but it's not as high on my list as beef or chicken. If I do cook it at home, it's grilled outside because SWMBO (who will not even eat a bite of any kind of fish or seafood) hates the smell of cooked fish in her house. (She even complains about the smell if I cook it outdoors and eat it in the house.)

Ryan my fishmonger called them snapper i think they small versions of the mutton snapper. They trimmed the fins off.
Normally i call snapper a red pinkish fish bit bigger than these. We always knew them as red roman ...

Thanks, always interesting :D My saltwater fish experience is pretty limited (although we got some really nice stuff from friends with boats when we lived in HI, really spoiled there!!). I've actually never gone saltwater fishing; the closest would be salmon or steelhead on their way upriver (at least not where I caught anything, tried shore fishing twice but the crabs kept stealing all my bait!! :pullhair: and no I wasn't able to pull any of them in close enough to scoop either!).

We used to have a friend with a boat off of the BC coast who'd bring something up occasionally that was called "red snapper" when I was a kid although I suspect those might have actually been Rock Cod or some other rockfish - they were ugly as sin anyway.

Well Ken this will probably put a few off the idea but you aint eaten good fish till you have tried this check out the last post in this blog page.

http://singaporetourismblog.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/singapore-cuisine-specialities/

I'll just leave this here...

http://youtu.be/JKDtUzRIG6I

As a side note, that song was written and recorded by fictional twin brothers Art Barnes and Artie Barnes (Bill Mumy and Robert Haimer, respectively). Bill Mumy was the kid on Lost in Space and is now bouncing around LA playing in a bar band and just hanging out. (I've never met him, but we have a few mutual friends.)