Friday

Got in the shop at 6 this morning finished 10 chairs and heading to a Job in Va at 10 where I need to stain a lot of mahogany columns and crown moldings.

Tonight wife and I will be meeting a couple in Leesburg to talk with Chis Cooley about showing my work in his gallery and dinner.
Then off to the farm in Va to hunt Saturday and Sunday. Looking for the Black Bear running the farm , coyotes and Big Buck will also be on the hit list.

Finishing up a tray for gift to brother in Albuquerque. Leaving Sunday for the big balloon fiesta.
Will spend a week there seeing old friends and family. May even visit with Vaughn if time allows
and I can locate him.
Looking for green chili to freeze and bring home for the winter.
David

In the shop today to work on some pens and bottle stoppers - mostly acrylic I've been casting. Need to do a bit of shop organizing as well. We're forecast to get stormy around here this afternoon, so will play it by ear.

Saturday, I'll get a little shop time in the morning prior to Bobbie's sister arriving for a visit. This is the half sister we discovered while researching on Ancestry.com two years ago. Prior to that, they had no idea each other existed. They have spent time together before, but this will be the first visit in our home.

Sunday will be more visiting before Bobbie's sister and her partner head back home. Then, I'll settle in for the Kansas race.

Weekends are for the day job. Today I will work on the Timberline saw. I have more rust to deal with and may get to pick up some paint and dri-lube for it. Maybe get it re-assembled some. Next week I will be out of town - working, for two weeks. But I'll pop in to see what others are up to.

Bought a grab-bar for the shower 2 or 3 months ago lol, guess it's time to install it :D

Going to get the last of our cabbage into the stock pot and soup 'er up.

More guitar work most likely along with that dreaded 'over-due clean up' that's needed.

And if the rain lets up a tad, the leaves on the ground are adding up fast.

Tonight I might get a pot of water boiled to keg, my wife has already gone through the sparkling water I did a couple of weeks back. I've got to go to the dealer for an oil change tomorrow morning. Since I got the shop picked up last weekend I'm going to try and get the high chairs started. The grandson has been sitting up and is ready for one, so best to get it done before he doesn't need it anymore. ;)

No woodworking (as usual), but quite a bit of guitar stuff (also as usual) this weekend.

Friday night I'm headed out to visit (and likely sit in with) some friends playing at a local tavern. This is the same band I played the gig with last weekend - the Electric Edric Project - whose guitarist and namesake was hurt in a motorcycle crash a few months ago. I'm one of three guitarists who take turns filling in for Edric...tonight is Joey's turn at the wheel.

Saturday afternoon I'm playing a gig at the Balloon Fiesta in one of the corporate tents. In all my years of attending this event, this will be my first time playing there. Looking forward to it.

Sunday I'm going to a party at my friend Edric's house to celebrate - as he told me on the phone a couple of days ago - his homecoming from the hospital and his second chance at life.

... Leaving Sunday for the big balloon fiesta. Will spend a week there seeing old friends and family. May even visit with Vaughn if time allows
and I can locate him...

I'd love to meet up if we can. I'll send you a PM with my phone number. :thumb:

just for your info, tonight is the start of the holiest day for jews, the day of atonement for us jews.

Id have to spend 3 years atoning for my woodworking sins, so I hope I get a pass for those.

I wont fast as it is required, Im diabetic, I have enough problems.

Saturday morning going to a memorial service at the church for a friend who recently passed away then off to a grand daughters 3rd birthday party.
Sunday morning church then Sunday dinner with a few kids and grand kids.

Tonight is home made pizza night, drink a sil's home made root beer, throw on a chet atkins or jimi hendrix cd, download a plan for a band saw box I'd like to make, refurb an old radial arm saw I bought months back, watch an old movie, decide if I want a laser or router CNC machine, check all the safety features of my tools, think about subjects I can bring up at our next FWW meet up, start to sharpen all my hand planes then say to heck with it because I don't use them anyway, and promise to read one of Rob Keebles long posts..................................... I think that covers just about all the subjects discussed here :D;):D

Sorry Rob. Not poking fun at you. I actually like reading your posts...:rofl:

Last night Shelly and meet with a couple for dinner. 1st we went to Chris Cooleys art gallery where I was introduced to him. I showed him some of my art and he said we need to sit down and discuss me having a show at his gallery in Leesburg. I'm very excited.
Now to tell my son's who I meet. Their going to say; did yo get me a jersey signed. Lol

Right now I'm sitting high in a tree enjoying the afternon on the farm in Va. Beautiful day!

Weather turned colder overnight. It's gotten all the way up to 46°F today, after being 68°F yesterday.

Leaves are coming down. I picked up two vac trailers full, so raking/blowing/vaccing season is upon us. I took somewhere between 35 and 40 trailers full off the lawn last year.

Time to trim back the hostas, iris, daylilies and peonies, too, and get the hyacinths out of the pond, and the pond net on before it, too, fills up with leaves.

Well - It's Saturday.

I just finished building a corragated plastic roof over firewood pile #5 - which covers the 5-th cord of wood. Hopefully tomorrow I will cover cord #6 and get it at least mostly stacked up. Then there it about another 1/2 cord that needs to get cut and stacked out of the weather.

MAYBE - but I doubt it - I can get some work done on the TEMP kitchen cabinet.

Weather turned colder overnight. It's gotten all the way up to 46°F today, after being 68°F yesterday.

Leaves are coming down. I picked up two vac trailers full, so raking/blowing/vaccing season is upon us. I took somewhere between 35 and 40 trailers full off the lawn last year.

Time to trim back the hostas, iris, daylilies and peonies, too, and get the hyacinths out of the pond, and the pond net on before it, too, fills up with leaves.

Do you compost the leaves Jim?
We started doing that over ten years ago when we got a leaf vacuum. If you have a space for the pile, it makes the gardeners' most prized soil amendment. It's an anaerobic process, so no turning the pile.
Enjoy!

Do you compost the leaves Jim?
We started doing that over ten years ago when we got a leaf vacuum. If you have a space for the pile, it makes the gardeners' most prized soil amendment. It's an anaerobic process, so no turning the pile.
Enjoy!

You bet I do! We compost all the yard waste, and get a yard or two of good stuff every year. I turn the leaf mulch over a couple times a season, and run the rototiller thru it, too. We use the resulting compost in all the planting beds.

You bet I do! We compost all the yard waste, and get a yard or two of good stuff every year. I turn the leaf mulch over a couple times a season, and run the rototiller thru it, too. We use the resulting compost in all the planting beds.

I don't turn the leaf piles Jim, and actually try to cover them with some old tarps or lumber wrap to keep the weeds out. The other stuff, combined yard waste and manure I turn with the tractor. It gets very hot and yields wonderful stuff that a few gardener friends have tuned into.
The leaf mould, I spread on the lawns.

Well my weekend is only starting today. :(
Hope to get my router table moved along. But its competing with work right now.
So much for weekend plans.
Weather has turned for sure. Hope i get my router table finished before the white stuff flys then i can move it into the basement for winter.

Think this year i am going to buy a leaf blower and send the leaves back where they came from. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk