hello from PA

dave worrall

Hello. Just joined here in hopes of expanding my woodworking skills. I have been interested in woodworking most of my life but am nowhere near being an expert or "master" craftsman. My goal is to hone my skills at toy making, mostly vehicles and game boards, and then sell them at local craft shows. Any help in leads to project plans would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

welcome dave, we have all sorts of folks here that have made toys and larger projects and are all willing to lend you a hand in solving problems or giving advice.. as for plans some may have some but i myself dont.. but others will chime in dan noren is a very helpful person and has made some toys for craft fairs as well

Dave, glad you joined up. You will like it here. Lots of variety in woodworking and interests here. I love toy making and have done a few and have plans for more in the future.

Welcome, Dave.

I once did toys and moved on from there. A place to start is to learn about toxic woods, so you will make safe toys. So Google away on that topic with toys as a tag also. Don't want you to spend time with some really pretty wood only to learn its not the best for toys.

What kind of toys are you wanting to build? Maybe we can lead you to some plans if we knew more about what you have in mind.

Again, welcome. You have found a special place!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome you have given me. To elaborate on my initial thread....my main interest in toys will be wodden vehicles as seen at toymakingplans.com and similar sites. I have in the past built bookcases and end tables...but nothing elaborate. I am 54, with a wife 20 years my junior and a 6 year old son. Hence my interest in the area of toys.....I'm sure I'll get approval/disapproval from my biggest critic and fan Alexander...my boy. Thanks again for the welcomes....and any info as to plans etc. will be greatly appreciated. :)