Preparing to gloat -NOW GLOATING

Frank Pellow

Does anyone care to guess what tool might be in this box that I recieved this afternoon?

Box from Hafele small.JPG

I will open the box tomorrow and post a photo or two of the contents.

added later: I am now gloating- see post #21 in this thread.

Last edited:
Its a crap load of cabinet hardware, and what not.

EDIT- You said TOOL, so I guess I'm off the mark with hardware. How 'bout a tool to install the hardware?

Last edited:
Based on the clue in post #9, I'd guess another saw (seeing as how my original guess of the Domino was ruled out earlier). ;) I don't know the Festool model numbers, but I'm guessing it's one of 'em.

Congrats, whatever it is, Frank. :thumb:

Based on the clue in post #9, I'd guess another saw (seeing as how my original guess of the Domino was ruled out earlier). ;) I don't know the Festool model numbers, but I'm guessing it's one of 'em.

Congrats, whatever it is, Frank. :thumb:
That's it Vaughn. I purchased the newer and larger (75 mm depth instead of the 55 mm that my old model has) version of the plunge circular saw. As well as the fact that I will be able to make good use of the extra depth, Festool made a lot of improvements with the new models that I will appreciate.

I am sorry, but I do not have a prize for the winner. :eek:

If anyone is interested, my older saw is now for sale.

That's it Vaughn. I purchased the newer and larger (75 mm depth instead of the 55 mm that my old model has) version of the plunge circular saw.
I'm a bit rusty on my metric system...I missed that day in school. 75 mm is better than 55 mm, right? :rofl: :D

I am sorry, but I do not have a prize for the winner. :eek:
Prize or no, congrats are still in order. ;) Nice score.

Frank,

Googling "HAFELE" brings up a huge hardware company.... Since your box has that name on it, can I assume it came from them and they are a Festool dealer?

I would have liked to have ordered the TS75, and my wife agreed to the price as my budget. But, other than the deeper cut, and a bit more umph in the motor, I decided for my use, getting the TS55, spare rail, connectors was a better choice. The TS75 is a very nice addition to your arsenal... Look forward to more pics of you using it.

P.S. I did notice the unlatched saw Systainer in the first pic....:D

Last edited:
Frank,

Googling "HAFELE" brings up a huge hardware company.... Since your box has that name on it, can I assume it came from them and they are a Festool dealer?
Yes Greg, for the last year or so, Hafele has had exclusive :( Festool distribution rights in Canada. Until very recently, they were doing a very poor job, but I hope that this is starting to turn around. If you want more details (including a description and photos of a demo recently held in my shop), refer to this thread on the Canadain Woodworking forum: http://www.canadianwoodworking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16214

I would have liked to have ordered the TS75, and my wife agreed to the price as my budget. But, other than the deeper cut, and a bit more umph in the motor, I decided for my use, getting the TS55, spare rail, connectors was a better choice. The TS75 is a very nice addition to your arsenal... Look forward to more pics of you using it.
The extra depth will help, particularly when I am using the saw off the rail for construction work .

P.S. I did notice the unlatched saw Systainer in the first pic....:D
That was a hint.