A Small Early 19th Century Chest

Dave Richards

Morning SketchUp Practice

An unusual early 19th century miniature step-back chest raised on tapered legs. It's a little more than 11" tall. The original is painted blue.

You certainly do some amazing work with SketchUp! I've played some with it and can see where it would take hours and hours of practice, patience and lots of talent to get to a level anywhere near where you are. That picture looks like photograph of the real thing!

Hi Dave.

Great looking Sketchup of the small step chest.

I have your disk Sketchup Guide for woodworkers & while it is a great help I haven't the patients to click back an forth to learn how to use the program. My fault not yours.

Is there a Visually style book available for Sketchup. I have used the visually books for Windows such as Windows XP visually. Where the top of the page shows what is on the monitor & the bottom of the page explains how to get there. I lay the book in my lap to refer to & proceed to learn how to do it. Just glance down at to book to see how & up to the keyboard & monitor to do it.

Thanks for all your help for the click challenged.

Last edited:
Thank you Paul.

Bart, I understand about going back and forth. As for books on SketchUp, I think there are several of them out there but I haven't looked at any but the SketchUp for Dummies so I can't really recommend any one book. I'm sorry about that.

Roger, I expect I've got less than half an hour into drawing the cabinet in SketchUp. Maybe another half hour in doing the render because I screwed around with changing the position of a couple of lights.

David, I'll take that as a compliment.;)

Last edited: