Sad couple of weeks for me.

I went to spend Easter Week with my Parents in south Texas. 2 days prior to my departure my father ended up having emergency surgery. Needless to say I left for Texas right away on Wed. April 4Th. (was supposed to leave on Sat.) Because of weather I missed my connecting flight out of Huston so, I got to McAllen early Thursday afternoon. Things were looking good he got moved out of ICU early Thurs evening.later thursday night I got a call from the hospital that he stopped breathing during the night, and got moved back to ICU. All in all he was in very good spirits. Friday night he had a heart attack. I'm sad to say he never regained consciousness and was placed on a ventilator.

I had to leave to come back to NH on Sat the 14th there was no change in his condition. The neurologist did some tests yesturday and found sever brain damage. In accordance with his living will he has been taken off of all life support tonite.

I found when I went to his house that he stocked up on turning supplies for us to use during my stay.:( :(

We both have gotten into turning in the last couple of years but never turned together. I really feel like I've missed some good bonding time with dad. Sorry for the long post but I needed to tell someone.

If you have a chance to do what I missed out on please dont wait.

Man Butch, I'm very sorry to see your post. You and your family will be in my thoughts, and I hope the best for you.

Richard,

My heart goes out to you... I lost my Dad a couple of years ago. He gave me a lot of his tools before his condition worsened, and I will treasure them. Make something special from the stock he left. Remember the good times...don't dwell on what you wish you could have done. He wouldn't want you to do that.

Prayers out for you and your family...

Greg

Man Butch, I don't know what to say..............

My heart and my prayers go out to you and your family.

I miss my Dad terribly, I should go visit him before it's too late.

Richard, I am sorry to hear about your Father. We are all thinking about you.

DT

Sure sorry about your Father, Richard. My thoughts are with you and your family. It's always difficult to spend the time with family when they are far away, so just remember the Good Times and press on, as I'm sure your Father would want you to.

Richard

So sorry to hear about your Dad's death. Even though you didn't get to work with him in the shop, I hope you'll remember that he obviously was looking forward to working with you. Perhaps you can ship those supplies home and make some pieces in rememberance.

Take care

Jay

Butch,

My deepest condolences. This brought home some painful memories for me as I got a call to drop everything and make a 5 hour trip to my dad's side when he was hospitalized during his bout with cancer. I arrived at the hospital 1 hour too late. Your words are wise and should be heeded by all - do the things you need to do, and say the words you need to say, now. Tomorrow may be too late.

I too am saddened to hear this news. I am also praying for your family through this difficult time.
Stu, and others, there are no truer words than what Rennie wrote above. I wish my dad's health, though not bad, would allow him to come help me on, and use my shop. I have a few of his tools that he has given up because of his degenerating eye sight. But I treasure the week we spent back in the late 80's building his first shop/boat storage building at their retirement/lake house. We were always pretty close, but that week sealed the deal for us. Jim.