So we have another Friday here !

Cool Air has settled in , I have no ides what will happen this weekend.

But today I am praying for the people of Bermuda. In a few hours they will be hit head on with 115-125 MPH winds. Do we know anyone their ?

Looks like a pretty nice weekend here. Going to meet my Brother and his wife for dinner and drinks tonight for my SIL's birthday. Saturday I'm going to try and brew a pear cider and then check on the pumpkin ale that has been fermenting the last two weeks, may move it to a secondary fermenter (undecided on this yet). Going to finish cleaning off my workbench and try to get back on the high chair project. Saturday night we'll be taking some friends out to dinner, then back to their house as we're the decoys. Their daughters are throwing them an anniversary party and need them out of the house. Sunday will be some grandson watching and shop time.

Having a few cold ones with my BIL's tonight, was hoping to watch some baseball, but oh well. Tomorrow we are heading to a pumpkin patch. Should be a good time as they have lots of things for kids to do. Tomorrow night we are firing up the firepit and having a few friends over...Sunday will be some shop time and football with some chili.

Recovering after a terrible week in the stock market with some garden therapy and a little wood working. Somehow a bug critter got into one of my protective garden tunnels and when I checked the kale crop all I found was some very healthy green worms and a few spindly shredded kale plants. Hand to hand combat cleared up the infestation , but the plants will be slow to come back.:(
After my futile attempts to plane the waves out of a slab of cherry to use as a bench top, some time sharpening the plane fleet is in order. I really like the repeatability of the Veritas MKII honing guide and the Shapton stones get the job done so, hopefully no frustrations this time.

On the road visiting friends this weekend.

BTW, how did Stu fair with his stormy weather this past week? Don't think we have anyone from Bermuda here, but I could be wrong.

And, I have accepted the job offer from a couple of weeks ago. Still a few formalities but will start the last week of this month. Had a very large part in writing the job description and got the compensation I asked for. Life is good.

Waiting to hear from Vaughn re: the great trek east in the brave pick-up. :rofl:

Friday: This morning, I've been taking photos of a few pieces I've completed recently. Afternoon will be shop time turning a couple of items.

Saturday: Shop time of some sort - not sure what yet - too nice to stay inside the house! Weather is great and will stay that way this weekend, so I'll be outside a lot, even if it's to sip a few barley pops and watch the wind blow.

Sunday: Brunch and Talladega. What else does anyone need???

Continuing with the packing and purging of 17000 pound of stuff in preparation for the guys from Allied Van Lines, who are showing up next Wednesday to move it all to Albuquerque.

Currently hanging out at Western Tire in Burbank getting work done in my Ranger pickup. I brought it here to get the tires balanced and the alignment checked, but as it turns out I need 4 new tires and new front wheel bearings. Didn't really plan on spending $1000+ today, but I'd rather find out now instead of at 80 mph in the middle of the Mojave desert. ;)

gonna make all you people jealous of my weekend.

nothing, absolutely nothing. ICE, anti-inflammatory and narcotic pain killers.

that's my weekend and might be the next few weeks.

went to the orthopedic, (yes, I know this is boring, and not adding any flavor to fww), seems I have torn my meniscus, and the pain has totallyl disabled me.

MRI is supposed to be Monday, just waiting to get insurance company approval.

woodworking will be on hold either until pain subsides, or I have it corrected.

signing off.

...absolutely nothing. ICE, anti-inflammatory and narcotic pain killers.

that's my weekend and might be the next few weeks. went to the orthopedic, ... seems I have torn my meniscus, and the pain has totallyl disabled me...

BTDT. Nasty! Hopefully, it'll heal without surgery. I feel your pain, buddy!

the painting of the living room is done now, and the tape has been removed. no touch ups needed as i tape better than the av-er-age bear. just found out from the wife :blah: that there will be more projects ahead of me next spring. not just finishing off the 4 dining chairs, and making the new dining table, but radiator covers for the living room, bathroom, and bedroom. along with a new bed (with drawers said she), a dresser, and one, perhaps two display cabinets to go along side of the book case.

went to the orthopedic, (yes, I know this is boring, and not adding any flavor to fww), seems I have torn my meniscus, and the pain has totallyl disabled me.

signing off.

I hope you get relief soon Allen. Sounds pretty miserable.

We're taking a little road trip to Quebec City, an "exotic destination you can drive to" and a favourite of foreign visitors this time of year. The fall colours should be at their peak and the restaurants never disappoint.

Work out in the shop tonight on the work bench and get it finished up this weekend to deliver Monday. Saturday I'm finally gonna get my hair cut after letting it grow since the beginning of the year and then pick up the last 10 new replacement windows for the house.

A fall outing today with my wife Ginny, we spent the day touring Makers Mark Distillery in Loretto Ky. Great time and an absolutely beautiful fall day, I think my favorite part was the tasting though.
I got to dip my Ambassador bottles in the red wax, and have my personalized labels on the bottles:thumb:

Last edited:

signing off.

Take it easy. If you have the surgery, no stairs or bending the first 24 hours. Get a first level hotel room, handicap if they have it to make things easier on yourself. Still having nightmares about my wife's surgery and that was the lesson learned. :wave:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I hope you get relief soon Allen. Sounds pretty miserable.

We're taking a little road trip to Quebec City, an "exotic destination you can drive to" and a favourite of foreign visitors this time of year. The fall colours should be at their peak and the restaurants never disappoint.

not that elen and me are foodies, but my sister has been at me for years to get up to quebec city, she loves it up there.
Maybe next year, good road trip for us.

Better stash spot for larger jigs, toss or pass-on some stuff that I've been hanging onto for too long because "I'm gonna do something with that any day now" for a few years, finish milling some stock for picture frames, boxes, etc. for Christmas gifts, turn one of my metal cabinets 90 degrees in a pthetic attempt to create more room out of a fixed amount of space . . .

Allen, heal well, heal quickly.

I almost said not much going on here, then I thought better of it. Next to last football game of the season for my youngest boy. I'm going to drag my butt out to that in a few hours. Then I'm on call for stat work, then my regularly scheduled run tomorrow later afternoon. Sunday is more of the same, minus his football game. I hope to grab a few minutes at some point this weekend, need to turn another bangle for Banglebowl 2014 and have it done by Thursday. So... have to cut some segments, glue them up etc... sooner... might as well get it done this weekend. If no stats crop up, I'm also going to be putting up the panels for my solar collector either saturday or sunday. (and yes y'all I'm going to cave and use flat black paint for maximum gain)