Need to Move a Couch From the Third Floor??

Didn't show what the ziplines were made of; rope, wire, etc. (make sure what your using is rated for more then you require)
Don't know why the center one couldn't be with a block and tackle, or hoist setup.

These people should have been around when Myrna and I moved into our apartment near USC. We were on the 3rd floor. No, I repeat, No elevator. There was a "U" turn at every floor and another "U" turn halfway between floors.

Oh well, college kids can do anything.

Of course they ache for a day or two afterward.

Now if we had stringers, a winch and permission of the people next door we could have just killed ourselves and avoided the back and leg aches.

That was a great video.

Enjoy,
JimB

When Uncle Sam sent us to Turkey we ended up on the ninth floor of a building with only a small 4 person elevator. I was amazed to see a small compact Turkish guy put our old Kenmore refrigerator on his back and hike up 9 flights of stairs like it was nothing...same for the large 5/8" thick glass topped dining room table, all the beds and anything else that wouldn't fit into the elevator. Not a scratch on anything moving in, but they chipped off one corner of the glass table top going down the stairs when we left. That was our only casualty. Pretty amazing.

When I was in Amsterdam on a business trip, I noticed that a lot of houses there were built with hoist booms over one of the windows on the upper floors... doorways and stairways were narrow for carrying furniture them... much like some of the hay barns of old...

Do remember that when I moved out of my condo in Calif., we had a balcony outside the master bedroom... the movers rigged to drop our king size matress and triple dresser over the railing rather than struggling with them down an "L" shaped stairwell... they probably should have dropped the washing machine over the bedroom railing... we almost had a disaster taking it down the stairway.

When Uncle Sam sent us to Turkey we ended up on the ninth floor of a building with only a small 4 person elevator. I was amazed to see a small compact Turkish guy put our old Kenmore refrigerator on his back and hike up 9 flights of stairs like it was nothing...same for the large 5/8" thick glass topped dining room table, all the beds and anything else that wouldn't fit into the elevator. Not a scratch on anything moving in, but they chipped off one corner of the glass table top going down the stairs when we left. That was our only casualty. Pretty amazing.

When I worked for TWA in SF, we had a couple fellows that worked for us from Turkey... one was about 60+ years old, about 5'2" tall and would walk up to a piece of freight, push on it and if it moved, he would pick it up and put in a cargo cart ... about 2 ft off the ground.... he might turn beet red in the face, but he moved the freight.... because of his age, we tried to promote to an office job, but he didn't like and went back into the warehouse to handle cargo.

The other was a lot younger and a crew lead... if you got on his crew, you better work as fast as he did, he took a few slackers out and "explained" how he worked.

ted that was one tuff turkey:) seems like the elavator would have held it if it held 4 people?
The building manager wouldn't let them, Larry. Claimed they would scuff up his elevator. Those elevators were not to be trusted anyways. We had frequent power outages and people would get stranded for hours. In the apartment building next door we had friends on the 12th floor penthouse. One day after a visit I got in their elevator and started down. It went into free fall and took two floors for the emergency brake to catch on. I spent a lot of time using stairs after that:)

The building manager wouldn't let them, Larry. Claimed they would scuff up his elevator. Those elevators were not to be trusted anyways. We had frequent power outages and people would get stranded for hours. In the apartment building next door we had friends on the 12th floor penthouse. One day after a visit I got in their elevator and started down. It went into free fall and took two floors for the emergency brake to catch on. I spent a lot of time using stairs after that:)

And I would have walked funny 'til I got home to change my pants.