iPhone 6 or 6 Plus...?

They claim there recycled, refurbished, and used again. A few good things about the 6, a lot easier to read texts and email, the ring is louder than the 4 and the vibrate mode is stronger. I can hear it and feel the vibration when working now.

Interesting! My 4s is beginning to have battery issues. It is long out of contract. May have to stop by and see what is offered. Then I will see what my friend Phil is going to do, as he is looking at them, too. And he is my personal techno geek. :thumb:

I don't 'buy' the recycled bit, though they do have that program. My middle son got his samsung using that program. I suspect they're refurbed and shipped off to other markets, as I don't see any outlet OR need for a refurb'ed outdated phone in any prime market such as the US, Canada, et al.

We were going to get the 6's but backed out. The 'free' offer somehow was going to cost $460.00. But, the difference between 6 and 6+ is in how big a 'thing' you want to carry around. The plus is just to akward for my tastes. And, the cases I saw ran between $60.00 and $80.00 and were not even belt clip styles. Our old 4's are working just fine. I'll wait until "free" really means free. (with a 2 year contract of course).

IPhone, shmiphone! My wife and I have talked about getting some kind of "smart" phone. So far, we're both still smart enough to dial the house phone, or our little flip phone, if we're on the road. By the way, our flip phone (AT&T GoPhone program) costs us $25 per QUARTER - that's THREE months.

The main thing we've seen smart phones do is eliminate conversation - between people sitting next to each other at a restaurant!

As to the games, etc., one can play on a smart phone, it seems smarter to me to buy a tablet.

I finally laid hands on both a 6 and a 6+ Friday. I'm sold. Once the dust settles from my KS I'm upgrading to a 64G grey 6+. I use my phone all the time. It allows me to keep in touch with my family when I'm at work, with my dispatchers & with all if my friends online.

The 4S I have now dies that well , but let's face it ... I'm not getting any younger & that big screen is going to be soooo nice ! Add to that extended battery range & the killer display, along with the faster processor & iOS 8...

Ned

I looked at both and went with the 6. The 6+ was very nice, but seemed redundant as I already have an iPad Air - which has nearly replaced my laptop, BTW. I use the phone for messaging, music, lots of apps for weather, mileage, calculating, etc. I occasionally use it for web and mail access, but the iPad is so much better at these things, mostly because it is easier to read. The iPad and 6 make a good team. Did not need the extra size of the 6+.

My wife, 2 SIL's, and all 3 BIL's just got the 6 and they all love it...I'm an android guy so no thank you. :)

My boss and a couple friends got 6+ and regret it as they can't put it in their front pocket comfortably and it's to wide to go in a cup holder in the car.

I'm still stuck in the past... the only time I think about having a "smart" phone is when I'm at a show and having credit cards... my flip phone works just fine as a communication devise, but won't accept the square reader... I still have a knuckle buster to handled CC's... and by writing the numbers in, can even do the newer cards without raised letter....I don't play any electronic games except solitaire on my computer, so the game aspect holds no interest to me, I don't text, don't want to text... if I'm going to call someone, I want to talk to them, I can do other things while talking but you can't while texting, I can even talk and drive at the same time, can't while texting.... and I just don't want to be that connected to the world... I can't think of any reason to be constantly in touch with someone.

I'm still stuck in the past... the only time I think about having a "smart" phone is when I'm at a show and having credit cards... my flip phone works just fine as a communication devise, but won't accept the square reader... I still have a knuckle buster to handled CC's... and by writing the numbers in, can even do the newer cards without raised letter....I don't play any electronic games except solitaire on my computer, so the game aspect holds no interest to me, I don't text, don't want to text... if I'm going to call someone, I want to talk to them, I can do other things while talking but you can't while texting, I can even talk and drive at the same time, can't while texting.... and I just don't want to be that connected to the world... I can't think of any reason to be constantly in touch with someone.

I have this discussion with one of my friends on a regular basis. He's perfectly happy with his flip phone for the reasons you mentioned. Interestingly, he's a computer geek who likes to play with just about every electronic device out there. But he just wants a phone to make phone calls.

For me, it's not a phone. It's a small computer and camera on my belt that happens to also make the phone call. I use it for keeping notes and lists, taking photos (and instantly sending copies of photos to friends), listening to anything in my entire music collection or one of thousands of radio stations, using it as a timer, as an alarm clock, as a stopwatch, a decibel meter, a level, a map (with satellite photos) of anywhere in the world, a GPS system, a credit card scanner, and a web browser (where Google can help answer just about any question I might have about anything, anywhere). And about once or twice a day, I'll make a phone call on it, too. :D I do text fairly often to exchange short bits of information that don't warrant the time needed to make a phone call, and the recipient doesn't have to drop what they're doing to answer the phone.

I have this discussion with one of my friends on a regular basis. He's perfectly happy with his flip phone for the reasons you mentioned. Interestingly, he's a computer geek who likes to play with just about every electronic device out there. But he just wants a phone to make phone calls.

For me, it's not a phone. It's a small computer and camera on my belt that happens to also make the phone call. I use it for keeping notes and lists, taking photos (and instantly sending copies of photos to friends), listening to anything in my entire music collection or one of thousands of radio stations, using it as a timer, as an alarm clock, as a stopwatch, a decibel meter, a level, a map (with satellite photos) of anywhere in the world, a GPS system, a credit card scanner, and a web browser (where Google can help answer just about any question I might have about anything, anywhere). And about once or twice a day, I'll make a phone call on it, too. :D I do text fairly often to exchange short bits of information that don't warrant the time needed to make a phone call, and the recipient doesn't have to drop what they're doing to answer the phone.

Just about exactly how I use my iPhone, with the exception of the 1 or 2 phone calls a day, I often go a day or two without making or getting a call. I get called at the L shop often, but mostly I work with my wife, side by side all day most every day, and she is the one I would call the most, we talk face to face.

Otherwise I get texts or iMessages from friends or business clients on the iPhone and I Skype with my daughters in Canada, or FaceTime, and I Skype with clients too, just had a three way Skype audio chat with two guys about an upcoming project, one was in Montreal the other in Germany and I'm in Tokyo, I did this between deliveries parked in my micro van in front of a convenience store where I can get free WiFi. Try that on your flip phone :D

My iPhone is about 20% phone, the rest is as Vaughn said, a mini computer.

Cheers!