It's Friday! 10/24/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
It's here again, been looking forward to it also. Tonight the institute is having their annual Oktoberfest, food and beer for the members, so going to enjoy a bit of that. I'm planning to go get some materials tomorrow for doing a auxiliary planer bed and add some additional piping to the DC system. Need to start on a drill press table too, so may knock that out tomorrow. Will continue work on the high chairs also, but want to get the DP table done before I drill holes on the high chair parts. Have to do some yard work too.

What's everyone else got going?

Weekends are work days for me. Start the new job officially on Tuesday. Today some household chores. Making a space in the MH to move the freezer into with a new cabinet next to it. Don't know if I'll get that far today though. Monday to work on the cabinet, I hope.

So it is, Jarrod and Tony are out on a service job and I'm stuck in here. I need to work on the linkage of the bike again. Darn linkage keeps popping off every 2-3 K miles

Working in the shop tomorrow , dinner with Shelly tonight out , Sunday I hoping that I'll get back in the mood to paint. Just hasn't been their for a while.

Im day 8 of being in prison.
haven't done anything all week since last Friday, although I was out for an MRI this week.
the pain is a lot less, Im able to move around a bit, but its still stiff/uncomfortable when I put weight on the knee.

I see the doctor in a couple of hours to read the results so at least Ill know what path Im going to take.

all in all, Im miserable. Temps are perfect for me to be in the shop, I had tons of small projects to work on, all turning, and was going to start my wifes hobby room by November. That is not happening any time soon.

I made plans to meet Sayer Saturday night for dinner, pain or no pain, Im getting out of prison for a few hours.

Fridays are usually my busy day, this week that was yesterday. I caught three stat trips in a row on my nominal day 'off'. SO shop time will be tomorrow, and then a friend is having an end of the season bonfire. I'm donating my scrap bin contents to the blaze.

On the woodworking front, I'm going to be hanging/making solar panels this weekend, along with gluing up segments for a new project I have in mind... a turned kukska mug

Friday: Had some shop time this morning finishing turning an egg-shaped piece of cherry for a kaleidoscope. Installed a new 3-wheel buffer system from PSI. Need to do some yard work this afternoon. World Series tonight.

Saturday: Shop time in the morning working on some "Yes, Dear" items - jar openers, of all things. Chill out for a while, then wife is having a girl friend over to have dinner with us. World Series game.

Sunday: A down day - brunch - NASCAR - chill - dinner - World Series - chill.

You won't believe my project. I am going to attempt to cut up a hot tub and get rid of it. I was going to buy a reciprocating saw, mentioned it to my Nephew and he gave me one that someone had given him. It's a Craftsman, but it works. This is not going to be fun....

Had the day all planned then I cut a slice off the side of my thumb cutting veneer. So I put a band aid on it and spent the day on the motorcycle. Tomorrow my son and I are grinding horse radish.

Design and build some legs for a cherry slab bench that needs to get done, quarter round moulding in the guest bathroom and pull the weeds out of the garden that have blossomed with the recent rains.

Spent Friday doing some cleanup at the old house and handling things like returning the cable modem to Time Warner. Also got my pickup loaded up with things the movers couldn't take, like spray paint and ammo (plus a boatload of stuff my wife could/should have packed a month ago but didn't.) :rolleyes:

Saturday I'll hit the road and spent 12 or so hours of quality time driving from LA to ABQ. Looking forward to the drive. :thumb:

House hold chores this morning, train ride tonight on a 100 year old train with my wife, son and his wife:) Tomorrow, press around 75 gallons of apple cider with the same people plus my sons inlaws, going to be a great weekend:)

Going to auction and try to scare Guardian drill press. Don't know what it is but going to look. College football in pm. Sunday church then NASCAR.
Retirement is great but you loose weekends. Vacations are also history. It's just a fun life.
David