Still alive and kicking

Hey gang, just a quick update on the new job. Pushing the 6 month mark and still going at it. They are giving out raises like candy, have 14 electrics quit since I started. The bigger union plants across the river are hiring like mad replacing retires and most are going there. We got bought out by Hitachi shortly after I started, they take over next week.

On the home front, I have replaced our aging HVAC system with a Lenox unit. Liking it so far. This required the removal of the old chimney as it is no longer needed. Got it out and roof patched. Took it out all the way to the basement floor and patched the hole in the floor as well. Going to use the space created in the kitchen closet for a small pantry area. Presently ripping out the bathroom upstairs. Been needing to do that for a few years. Have one more project to start that will require outside work before winter sets in. What I am trying to do is line up some interior winter work for myself.

On the shop front I have switched out all my DeWalt cordless tools with Milwaukee. Got to looking at why some are wearing out and they are from 1995 and newer. Bought a few shop toys and will post later.

Well thats the update for now, time to head in to work.

Good to see you're still around, and doing well Steve!

Interesting comment about swapping out the aging DeWalt tools for Milwaukees. I'm doing the same thing. My old 14.4v DeWalts are showing a lot of age, and the batteries are dying, one after another, even after being rebuilt (some of them more than once). I decided to go with the Milwaukee 18v Lithium system. So far, I have the drill, driver, circular saw, and jigsaw. I want to get the grinder, and maybe a recip saw sometime down the road. Expensive, though!

Those multiple pay raises you mentioned sure sound good. Keep them coming, eh? :D Will the Hitachi takeover affect your job at all?

Great to hear from you Steve cash in while the goings good. Dont envy the housework :) best of luck with it all. Lets all hold our fingers crossed and hope Milwaukee dont get purchased by some dumb ass corporation that turns them into a B & D type product.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hey Steve, good to see you. Sounds like you've had your hands full.

We've got to replace our HVAC in the spring, Furnace is a Lenox and original to the house, which is 30 years old. Furnace works, but AC, which was replace 10 or so years ago has been leaking out freon and the guy couldn't find the leak on last fill, which was only a few weeks back and and it's freezing up again, but just in time for cool weather.

How's the new cyclone/DC Setup working out?

Hitachi buy out should be a good thing, from what I hear. Hitachi is even changing the name of their foundry's to Waupaca, we have a good name from what I was told. I do expect changes, but not real fast. The place is dated to say the least, needs several upgrades and a good scrub down. Lots of the electric wiring is patched over and over.

Real happy with my Milwaukee stuff so far. Have a mix of M18 and M12 for smaller things.

Cyclone is still rocking, when I have time to use it. :(