executive twist in chrome finish/red acrylic

allen levine

figured Im on my way to doc tomorrow, noticed his nurse had on a Halloween button last week, so Ill give her a pen for torturing me all the time.
She likes to make fun of my fear of long needles stuck into my knee, my interpretation, assault with a deadly weapon.

anyway, its a chrome executive twist, made with a red acrylic blank.
Sanded with micro mesh/and wet paper towel, used flitz plastic wax to polish. best picture I got with the cell.

dan sent me a box full of nice wooden blanks that I tubed up for another 6 of these, but Ill get to them when the knee feels better.

Attachments

• redpen 008.jpg
    redpen 008.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 42
mack , while youre here, is there any advantage to using the flitz paste over the liquid?
and what about a buffer for the lathe, to you think I should invest in one if Im going to make a lot of acrylic products>, this red acrylic had a name, I don't recall, sorry. I purchased it at the Saratoga woodworking show this past march.

Ive noticed a lot of people prefer pens over the roller ball styles. Its ok with me, the pens are cheaper, and I give them all as gifts.

Last edited:
mack , while youre here, is there any advantage to using the flitz paste over the liquid?
and what about a buffer for the lathe, to you think I should invest in one if Im going to make a lot of acrylic products>, this red acrylic had a name, I don't recall, sorry. I purchased it at the Saratoga woodworking show this past march.

Ive noticed a lot of people prefer pens over the roller ball styles. Its ok with me, the pens are cheaper, and I give them all as gifts.

Allen,
You don't need to waste money on a buffer for the lathe.
To polish acrylic, after sand 400 grit buffed with extra fine steel wool, polish with Hut Ultra Gloss.
Works great for me.

Les

Attachments

• #9.JPG
    #9.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I use hut, I also use flitz paste, pretty happy with the results on both,

I don't buff the pens now, I just polish them with a soft cloth then hand buff them with another soft cloth.