Laptop Computer Resurrected!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." It appears this applies to my laptop computer as well.

It was a failed cooling fan. A thermal switch kicked off and shut the computer down to preserve itself. New fan, general internal cleaning and $50 later and I am back in business. A truly GREAT birthday present! Apple technology scores again. Joey, my tech, says that is part of what we pay extra for when we buy the thing.

Of course, I did spend $100 for an external 2TB hard drive, $45 in gas, 400 miles of driving and a long day to get it fixed. But all is well that ends well.

BTW, Joey and Christine own iNerd in Yuma. They specialize in Apple products, including phones, but do repair other gaming devices as well. Two young kids just getting started in business. They just bought their first house. Gotta admire them pursuing the all American dream. Incidentally, Monday is their day off, but it was the only day I could make the round trip this week. They were kind enough to accommodate me. Joey had it repaired in less than an hour, but copying the hard drive to the external drive took 5 hours. Like I said, great kids and much to be admired in them.

Compared to many other laptops, MacBooks are definitely easy to work on (with the exception of glued in batteries.) Nice to hear someone is working on them and not price gouging either. Considering it was their day off, they likely undercharged you. :thumb: