Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your Avatar

Explain your Avatar

All of the Avatars are different and there is a reason that each person has chosen the one they are currently using.
    When posting here it is the intent of this thread to have you explain the avatar you are currently using. (I have been changing mine regularly so the explanations may not make sense any more, I am going to ask for help posting all my previous Avatars here as thumbnails so that the evolution will be sensible)

I am hoping this post comes through with my first avatar and thought I would explain it. There is a reason for it. My daughter was looking for something to do as kids age 7 often do. She was visiting my new wife and I for the weekend so I figured lets play with some clay that was in plastic in another room. They were both working and needed no direction so I got involved and figured I would sculpt my fingers. Hopefully you see the results.

I care about safety and know how fast an accident happens, a nano second often changes lives. Lots of nano seconds in a day.

Working with wood we need be alert and work safely. Don't lose the joy of woodworking to an accident. Thus my reminder every time I post.
    SAFETY FIRST
    I have included a photo of my fingers, still part of my body to this day, and hopefully until that day when I hang up my tools forever.
    NOW YOU!!YOUR TURN!!
    Thinking this might be a way of finding more about you in a different kind of thread.
    Shaz
    Oh, P.S. I already changed my avatar , see post#84. Something better this way comes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails all fingers safety first.jpg  
    Last edited by Robert Schaubhut; 09-07-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: change in avatar

Mine is just a pic of me on a boat ride to a really nice place we stopped at once while bike touring in Japan, I like the pic and the memory, nothing more.

Cheers!

I guess I'd like to convey my character with mine. If you were to visit my shop and after the tools were turned off, I'd offer you a cold beverage of your choice, then I'd lean against my bandsaw and begin to swap lies with you....kinda like what I was doing when that picture was taken.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Well I'm a hockey freak and the Redwings are my team!

Steve,

I wish ya didn't live so far away. I'd love to drop by for a beer and swap lies.

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Quote Originally Posted by John Pollman View Post
    Steve,

I wish ya didn't live so far away. I'd love to drop by for a beer and swap lies.

John
    Meet ya half way at the Webberville micro brewery.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

I'll have to keep that in mind. Business has been so dead lately that I've had LOTS of time on my hands.

It'll pick up soon. I HOPE!

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

My new avatar (as of Dec 2008) is a picture of my Dad holding me in December 1942 -just before he went away to Europe for almost exactly three years to fight in the second world war. Upon his return, Dad got me started in woodworking.
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 12-24-2008 at 05:57 PM.
    Cheers, Frank

Mine is just me boasting about my other love and hobby...Irish Setters. This is a picture of our middle "child" doing one of the things she loves best, Agility trials. She didn't make it as a show dog, but has 5 agility titles. Her AKC name is Coolmeadow Twist And Shout, aka Taz. She was the only pup in her litter, born Christmas weekend in 1999. We called her our Y2K baby as a play off of the Y2K scare with computers, because with the emergency C-section on the holiday weekend, plus all the other expenses in the pregnancy, she cost us about 2K. But she is a special dog.
    Part of our other work with Irish Setters is that my wife and I, mostly my wife, are Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas. Right now we have about 10 dogs in foster care, 7 of which are at our house. It has been heart breaking at times, but soooo rewarding when you find the right family for a particular dog.
    Coolmeadow is our kennel name. but you'll also see me talking about my shop as Coomeadow Creations. More than you were expecting, huh?? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

I'm usually the guy with the camera in his hand, so decent pictures of me are always in short supply.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Where are we going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?

nothin special, just me in my shop.
    Ken