Explain your Avatar

Mine is a rare shot of me at the lathe! Ha ha, a shot of me at any lathe is not so rare, is it? It sort of says what I like so much about woodworking.

Say, if I change my avatar, do I have to come back and edit this thread?

Bill

Naw, Marty will do it for you, he has so much free time........... :rolleyes: :thumb:

My avatar was clipped from a photo of a caricature that was made for my retirement (from the US government) party. I was very excited about moving from DC to New Mexico, so a stylized rancho is shown. The other two main features are my hobbies: woodworking and cooking. The pot with the fishhead sticking out is a riff on a story about my wife accusing me of boiling garbage when I was making fish stock for a soup.

I haven't got around to posting a new avitar her yet. I'm still struggling with this new computer.

Some may remember my avitar from smc. It was my trout with his sunglasses. Just sort of reflects my "off" sense of humor:bonkers: and how others should not to take anything I say or do seriously.

Man. Have those bases been submerged in the pond:confused: :huh:

Think 20+ years of storage and a shop dog (we assume anyway) with a inferiority complex running around saying MINE MINE MINE ....

And obviously a full bladder. :rofl:

And I am restoring them as I have time. I have three of these done and using them pretty much daily.

I think that it would be good if we kept these up to date, so you should.
why? this is another thread not related to woodworking that`ll get lost in the shuffle.......it`s kinda interesting to know a bit more about folks and why they use the pics they do but a year from now is this something any of us are going to find relevent?
I'm with Tod on this one...I change avatars on a whim, and sometimes even I can't explain 'em. I don't plan to revisit this thread each time, but of course those who want to update the thread as their avatars change should feel free to do so.

OK just to make things interesting I change avatars. Just bought this plate and so thought .... what the heck! I have one on my Unisaw but this is much nicer. But I think I can sell it on Ebay for a tidy profit. :thumb:

It is nice to see the great variety thus far and the explanations to go along.
The thread may go away but it is a look into the life of people we are communicating with. Is it possible when changing avatars to so something??.. footnote, highlight, add & , whatever, so that the avatar of past posts is not lost? The editing of old avatars would become unnecessary.
Shaz