Explain your Avatar

Stu,
Thanks for your well meaning advice. :)
I don't have any idea:huh: what a "sig" line is and just :type: happy as a lark that my avatar came up. Helpful instructions made simple are appreciated here..
I have an idea. Share with me what you know and I'll share with you what I know....As always...You First.:D
Shaz

Is it possible when changing avatars to so something??.. footnote, highlight, add & , whatever, so that the avatar of past posts is not lost? The editing of old avatars would become unnecessary.
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish (or avoid), but you should note that the avatar (and the sig line as well) is not saved as part of the post: it is just a link to the avatar field of your user profile. So if you change it, it immediately changes in every post you've ever made. (Another way of looking at it is that it doesn't change in the posts, because it wasn't ever there to begin with.)

There could well be a setting in vBulletin to make avatars/sigs "static", but it would suck up storage space like crazy.

Last edited:
Stu,
Thanks for your well meaning advice. :)
I don't have any idea:huh: what a "sig" line is and just :type: happy as a lark that my avatar came up. Helpful instructions made simple are appreciated here..
I have an idea. Share with me what you know and I'll share with you what I know....As always...You First.:D
Shaz

OK, quick tutorial here for you.....

user_cp_link.jpg
Top of every page is you User Control Panel link, click this and you get to your User CP.......

edit_sig.jpg
Here is your User CP, there is a link for editing your Sig line...........

edit_sig_here.jpg
Now you have a window open where you can edit your sig line. Under that you can even add a pic to your sig line, below that there is a "SAVE" button, click that and your "Sig Line" will appear at the bottom of every one of your posts.

Good Luck! :thumb:

this is ME

its from my first daughters weddin rehersl, and i was able to be me and not have to confirm to others standards. like scottish or irish music and to have fun with appropte beverages and folk:) so i am jist profin my heritage, american RN :D

OK, quick tutorial here for you.....

View attachment 825
Top of every page is you User Control Panel link, click this and you get to your User CP.......

View attachment 826
Here is your User CP, there is a link for editing your Sig line...........

View attachment 827
Now you have a window open where you can edit your sig line. Under that you can even add a pic to your sig line, below that there is a "SAVE" button, click that and your "Sig Line" will appear at the bottom of every one of your posts.

Good Luck! :thumb:
Thank you Stuart for your time and efforts.
For me a good tutorial. I owe you one. What can I help you with? My turn to share.
Shaz

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish (or avoid), but you should note that the avatar (and the sig line as well) is not saved as part of the post: it is just a link to the avatar field of your user profile. So if you change it, it immediately changes in every post you've ever made. (Another way of looking at it is that it doesn't change in the posts, because it wasn't ever there to begin with.)

There could well be a setting in vBulletin to make avatars/sigs "static", but it would suck up storage space like crazy.
Thanks Lee, none of that information that you shared with me in post# 45 was common knowledge, and you sure do make valid points concerning wasted storage space. Thanks for your valuable input.
Shaz

me when I had a full head of hair....ah such fond memories of those days as I use to take long drives in my convertible down long winding mountain roads as my long soft hair danced gleefully in the air......

I decided to put my best friend in this space instead of me. He’s better looking. :D

Yup - me too. Except She's better looking.
4 years ago tomorrow I picked China up from a rescue outfit that pulled her out of a municipal pound scheduled to be put down the following day. She's the LOML (Lay On My Lawn) dog. She's equal parts Aussie Shepherd, Chow, and Fat Dog and a great freind to me and the cats.

Mine is a cropping from a photo we took 3 years ago while on vacation with my in-laws. I dont' like to have my photo taken. I've never been pleased with my smile and feel some what selfconscious about it. So this photo had an acceptable smile on my mug......Here's the original taken in Monument Valley, Utah.......Almost in Arizona......Not far from New Mexico......or Colorado as a matter of fact......

mv1.jpg

I just took a picture of myself the other day for the occasion of joining this forum. I like to take pictures of myself. Sometimes...late at night...I like to...um.............nevermind.:eek: :D

I took that picture with the Handyman drill guages in one hand & the camera in the other as a spoof. The LOML cracks up everytime she looks at it. So I though what the heck it may produce a few laughs here. We can all use a few laughs.:rofl::eek: :wave:

Actually the bigger pic is better.

Attachments

• spaghetti2.jpg
    spaghetti2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
It is a Wheaton Terrier

This is our male Wheaton Terrier - the wifes hobby and my job. She also has three females of which two are champions. The 'pack' mentality is rampant and certain physical boundaries need to be maintained to keep the peace. We too work with rescue dogs - Wheatons. One of her females (and the main trouble maker) is a rescue dog. Whenever she complains about my woodworking tool purchases, I point out the vet/kennel/food/toy bills. Complaint ends.