Computer related question.

Most laptops{Ibelieve} draw air from the bottom and push it out thru vents on the side and/or back. With that being the case, you'd want the cooler to be blowing air towards the laptop....Some coolers if not all{:dunno:} should be reversable.

Another thing to think about if you're having heating problems, is dust bunnies overcrowding their living space, Blow them buggers out :D

Most laptops{Ibelieve} draw air from the bottom and push it out thru vents on the side and/or back. With that being the case, you'd want the cooler to be blowing air towards the laptop....Some coolers if not all{:dunno:} should be reversable.

Another thing to think about if you're having heating problems, is dust bunnies overcrowding their living space, Blow them buggers out :D

Guess that's why the cat likes to sleep on my wife's desk behind her computer... a lap top.

FYI with dust bunnies, nesting kitties and laptops (as in computers).

The fans in a laptop must work efficiently or the computer will fail. I was fortunate recently in that the computer shut itself down before crash and burn due to impacted cooling fans. One fan responded to cleaning and the other needed replacement. I was inconvenienced but not devastated.

Solution: plan annual thorough cleaning done by my computer guru and occasionally blow out dust through the fan ports in the back. Lesson learned!

FYI with dust bunnies, nesting kitties and laptops (as in computers).

The fans in a laptop must work efficiently or the computer will fail. I was fortunate recently in that the computer shut itself down before crash and burn due to impacted cooling fans. One fan responded to cleaning and the other needed replacement. I was inconvenienced but not devastated.

Solution: plan annual thorough cleaning done by my computer guru and occasionally blow out dust through the fan ports in the back. Lesson learned!

I thought about blowing out the dust & then thought it may push the dust further into the computer. That's why I opted for the vacuum cleaner & sucked it out.

@Bart. I asked about that and he suggested the cans of compressed air. Didn't think the vac had enough 'suck.' And our shop compressed air is too dirty. So, the canned stuff is what he recommended. Right stuff at the right pressure. Price of doing business. On the other hand, when one thinks how close one always is to losing everything in a nano second, a can of compressed air and a regular maintenance schedule is a bargain.

What is that a shop vac in disguise?

Waited just a tad too long, eh?

That was my "secondary" computer that was replaced by a newer desktop. It probably ran for 6 to 7 years straight, with me only accessing it on rare occasions. It was in an office filled with cigarette smoke and the pet dander from two or three large dogs. The outside looked pretty clean. I'm thinking I probably shoulda opened it up a bit sooner, eh? :eek: