It's Friday! 11/14/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like we'll be getting our first real snow here this weekend, 1" - 3" expected tomorrow. That usually makes the shop a little warmer, so going to try and get my stair treads ready for a bullnose. Also need to start drilling tenon holes on the high chairs. Having dinner with some friends Saturday, then a little more shop time on Sunday hopefully.

What's everyone else got going?

As usual, working the day job on Sunday. This is a part-time job with flexible days except for Sunday, so this weekend I can get some woodworking in. Hopefully, our rainy season is on the way so back to work on the shade structure which will also keep the rain off my file cabinets with WW goodies stashed in them. Eight more mortises to hand cut and then some assembly is required. Will have to find some willing hands to help. In between, house work. Not preaching this weekend so a little more time. Next week that all changes!

I don't want to get anyone jealous, this weekend planned is just incredibly exciting...........................NOT

in 1 hour and 30 minutes, I start my great weekend with a shot in my knee, some more gel, last shot.

then, limping along I am headed over to the market because we need milk, bread, tomato paste, usual stuff.

Now, the excitement is just beginning, after that, I will grab a quick bite, and head over to Costco to finish off the grocery list, paper towels, cups, coffee, etc.......

After all this excitement, my wife informed me she is getting out of work early today, and as soon as my daughter gets out of school the 3 of us are headed over to the mall so I can look, comment, critique, new dresses they are purchasing for an upcoming wedding in January.

The best part of that, is that I get to sit in a womans dept all afternoon, and early evening, and to top off the fun, I get to put the purchases on my credit card.

whooooosh...........don't be jealous.

tomorrow, I get to go to the bank to handle things, another store, and maybe an hour or two to rest the knee.
maybe my kids will come over and let me buy them dinner.

Sunday, Im locking myself up in the den to watch football, Im going to leave my phone shut off and in the garage.

We know how to live here on the east coast.

Allen...you crack me up. :D

Tonight and tomorrow I'm with my dad in the booth selling out wooden wares at a holiday market we've done together the last 3 or 4yrs. It gets over around 3 tomorrow and we will probably go out to dinner to spend all/any money we made in the booth. Sunday will be football and if warm enough, I'll get out in the garage/shop to start work on some things for another show I have on Dec. 6th.

I don't have anything really planned... we have comp tickets to the Foothills Art Guild Craft Show in Knoxville for t his weekend... maybe tomorrow for that, or Sunday, depends on what LOML decides... it's 24 degrees outside here this morning and I'm a cold weather wuss, so since my shop isn't heated and all that steel out there gets awfully cold, probably will stay on my keester for the day... should warm up some over the weekend and depending on which day we go to the Craft Show will get a little more time in the shop.

Hey, all you yankees! Take this cold air back and keep it up there!!! Sheesh!

Friday: Finishing a couple of cutting boards I'll post shortly. Also wrapping up a couple of small items for LOML. I'll trim and mow the lawn for (hopefully) the last time this afternoon - until March maybe.

Saturday: Shop time early to do a little cleanup. Lunch with some ribs I smoked a while back and put in the freezer. Then, keep an eye on the race stuff and maybe a game or two.

Sunday: Brunch, then settle in for a day of seeing who will be a first time NASCAR Cup champion!

Woke up to a little snow this morning. Not much, just covered the ground.
The annual church holiday fair is next Saturday so I've been busy making some pens for the silent auction and some little turned bird houses. Never tried those before but they came out OK.
Saturday is Levi Saturday at the Church. Got a bunch of us getting the building and grounds ready for winter.
Sunday heading to Vermont for my twin grand kids birthday party.

I haven't been in the shop hardly at all since last spring. Back problems have pretty much had me mentally down. It really felt good to be back doing stuff again.
I had a 3rd opinion from a Doctor at a neuro-spine center not too far away a couple of weeks ago and he has me going in this coming Monday for a new type of injection. Hopefully that helps.

No gig tonight, so I can go check out one or two other local bands instead. Also have a new (to me) Stratocaster showing up via UPS today, so I'll probably spend a bit of quality time with it at the apartment tonight.

Saturday afternoon my wife and I will be looking at a list of houses for sale. We've decided to walk away from the fixer-upper we've had in escrow for the past few weeks...the more we checked it out, the more we realized what a money pit it would be. Thanks to the Internet, we've been able to give our agent a list of 6 or 7 homes that we've already seen photos of, and cruised the neighborhoods on Google Maps and Google Earth. Now we just need to see the interiors.

Sunday we're going to the Weems Artfest, a large high-end juried art show and sale. Lots of cool art to look at, and I'm going with an eye towards entering my work in the show next year.

Just when I thought I had the weekend to myself . . . just kidding. I'm gonna be a shop-monkey this weekend. Only 40 days, 11 hours and 16 minutes till Christmas.

I don't want to get anyone jealous, this weekend planned is just incredibly exciting...........................NOT

in 1 hour and 30 minutes, I start my great weekend with a shot in my knee, some more gel, last shot.

then, limping along I am headed over to the market because we need milk, bread, tomato paste, usual stuff.

Now, the excitement is just beginning, after that, I will grab a quick bite, and head over to Costco to finish off the grocery list, paper towels, cups, coffee, etc.......

After all this excitement, my wife informed me she is getting out of work early today, and as soon as my daughter gets out of school the 3 of us are headed over to the mall so I can look, comment, critique, new dresses they are purchasing for an upcoming wedding in January.

The best part of that, is that I get to sit in a womans dept all afternoon, and early evening, and to top off the fun, I get to put the purchases on my credit card.

whooooosh...........don't be jealous.

tomorrow, I get to go to the bank to handle things, another store, and maybe an hour or two to rest the knee.
maybe my kids will come over and let me buy them dinner.

Sunday, Im locking myself up in the den to watch football, Im going to leave my phone shut off and in the garage.

We know how to live here on the east coast.

Well this extraordinary day is shaping up just as I expected
I'm sitting in bloomies dress dept just spent over an hour in lord and Taylor if no dresses here its on to smaller dress shops
I can't begin to describe this fun
I'm thinking to top off this day I'd like to visit the urologist for a cystoscope to make my day complete

Allen, I guessing you are about a size sixteen...maybe a Lane Bryant or Ross??:rofl::rofl:

:rofl:......:scram:

Naw, with Allens personality I'm betting he's loving it all, chatting up all those women, out on the town with a couple of beautiful gals on his arm....yeah terrible I just bet :D

Meanwhile I get to replace all the wood stove pipe that arrived yesterday, and the temp tomorrow is supposed to top out about 30*f.
Maybe some guitar tuning and pickin...

Well weather will dictate for now aexactly what i can do this weekend. Ours has taken a turn for the worse and i aint ready to work indoors yet. Might have a go at getting my mini bench done. Otherwise get my vacuum press pump done.
Hope things get betted for u Bob.
Alan let me know how that gel works out. I have no idea how long i am gonna wait for my op and maybe i might try it out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk