Ned's Kickstarter Build

Nice goodies, Ned! :thumb: I think you're gonna love that Freud thin kerf rip blade. I've got a couple that have been through a lot of hardwoods, and they can both still make glue-ready cuts on a properly set up saw. :thumb: (I also have -- and love -- the thin kerf crosscut in the same model line.)

Congrats on the new tools!

Looks great Ned! Keep us posted on the sander please.
John, will do... first impression... Dang that's Heavy!

:thumb: First treats off the cutting boards >>> the bread & butter....now get to work :D
Ken, aye aye Sir!

another score here today, congrats.
Thanks Allen! This was why I did the project... but I felt I needed to get it 'early' to help with fulfillment of the boards.

Nice goodies, Ned! :thumb: I think you're gonna love that Freud thin kerf rip blade. I've got a couple that have been through a lot of hardwoods, and they can both still make glue-ready cuts on a properly set up saw. :thumb: (I also have -- and love -- the thin kerf crosscut in the same model line.)

Congrats on the new tools!

Thanks Vaughn! Yeah, I'm hoping that the dedicated rip blade will help out, and I Know what a nice WWII can do (this is my 2nd one...)

Looking good Ned! :thumb:
Thanks Jeff!

You are about to become much happier with your boards ;-)
I sure hope so Glenn!

Congrats on the new tools Ned. Let the production commence.
Rob, already on it... I've got 20 boards already in the clamps and/or waiting on sanding.

hey, lets not keep that young man from his tasks (such as a certain donor's coasters), and have his wife lock him in the shop, on short rations and water until the production run is done... :D

Wow Ned over $6,000! Though I know you're busy, but that's going to make for a great year end. Should do a little black friday promotion and see if you can top $7k or more. ;)

hey, lets not keep that young man from his tasks (such as a certain donor's coasters), and have his wife lock him in the shop, on short rations and water until the production run is done... :D
she does that, she'll be shopping for a black dress... I still don't have heat out there...

Wow Ned over $6,000! Though I know you're busy, but that's going to make for a great year end. Should do a little black friday promotion and see if you can top $7k or more. ;)
et tu brute? I'm perfectly happy with things as they are... getting the sander 'early' will help, I've got a couple of dozen boards in various stages of completion already. I'm just waiting for the dust to settle on sunday, then I have to send out my surveys, finalize all of the 'how many of which board' list, and get cracking.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301264.261991.jpg
Adam helped me get the new sander on the legs. Temporary home, I'm going to rework that cart so it will park crosswise atop the cart. Not just yet though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417301416.928259.jpg

8ce3a3873c097eb85a698dce65a4f0b4.jpg

Last edited:
Darren,
didn't quite make it
Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 12.48.56 PM.jpg

Thanks to all for your support and interest! Funding is just a stop on the journey of course. Now I have approximately a 2 week period where funding will trickle in. In the meantime, I've started building boards with the wood I had on hand.