Odd commission!

I woman asked me to make something last night. I was a bit surprised when she asked me if I had ever seen any corporal punishment paddles when I was in school! :eek: Well, as a matter of fact, I was quite familiar with the "board of education"!!:rolleyes: I described the "Alligator" that my 7th grade PE teacher (Mr. Colton) carried around to "motivate" the slowest of us in class!! "Oh, yes! that's what I want made!" Waoh, lady!!:eek: You'll get into trouble using one of those these days!! Anyway, she convinced me she didn't have it in mind to use it on any "kids" and I made it for her today. And no, I didn't ask what it was for!! :D I don't think I'll even charge her as it was quite a trip down memory lane. Just a simple pine board, 3x24" with a split down the center for "sound effect" and plenty holes to produce nice little red spots on the "effected" area (always an interesting sight in the shower after PE!:rofl:) It is only about 2/3rds the size of the original!! Brings tears to my eye looking at it and thinking about the "good ol' days":cry::D

1117141039a.jpg1117141042.jpg1117141039.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen (or heard) one with the split down the middle. I can see how that'd make the whole experience more dramatic. :D

Worst part of getting paddled at school was, it meant getting the belt at home....Just thinking about it now & OW OW OW :D

Coach in high school had one with nails sticking out one side, of course no one was ever hit with that side, but it sure made you sqirm while waiting for that first swat :eek: :rofl:

Yep, two at home for everyone I got at school, and a whole lot more if I didn't fess up when I got home and they found out later. Funny thing, I don't think it scared me for life, fact I think it may have taught me some discipline and respect. And, yep, I loved my parents and felt I could not have had better ones.

The only "pops" I ever got at school was once in PE class. I don't remember what my offense was, but the paddle was very similar to the one you made, Royall. That was also back at a time that pops were given on a bare bottom in the coach's office that had a large window so all the other boys could watch the action! Yep, the good old days, for sure!