We got another friday here

wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knee is moving ok, not fixed, but Im mobile enough Im going to fire up the heaters out there and actually get some woodworking done today, maybe tomorrow, and even sunday........wooooooooooooooohhhhhhhooooooo!

hope everyone like Tom, Steve, Bob, Rob, feels a bit better this weekend.

pain sucks, big time, discomfort sucks, big time, once again, getting older isn't for sissy's

time to go butcher up some wood.

(no one can see it here, but I have a big goofy smile on my face, feeling so much better Im exhilarated.)

More rearranging in the shop, just to mess it all up again tomorrow & Sunday getting all the X-Mas decorations down from the shop attic, along with making room up there for all of the garage sale boxes eating up space on the shop floor> Ladder work, luv it with these 'old as me' knees :doh:

May also tear into the guitar neck and do some more refining of the shape while I get ready for the bridge replacement.

Other than that, burning up some firewood to keep warm today, & waiting for the warmup Sat & Sun to make a mud pit of the place...can't win this time of year :rofl:

Unfortunately I have a funeral to attend tomorrow morning. My mom's brother, Ray, lost his battle with multiple ailments on Wed. morning. He was 83, 14 yrs older than my mom. He was tired of fighting and ready to go. He is now reunited with his lovely wife, Rosemary, who past away over 20yrs ago. He was a fun and very eccentric man that taught me a lot about being true to yourself and accepting everyone for who they are and want to be. Starting tonight lot of family that hasn't been together for quite some time will enjoy celebrating his life.

2 more mortises to go on the timber framed shade structure's main frame. Maybe tomorrow. Otherwise working the weekend as usual. If I get the mortises done, then I will need to schedule some help to stand it up in its place. WooHoo! Then the roof structure. Might get done by next summer at the rate this project has been going...

...(no one can see it here, but I have a big goofy smile on my face, feeling so much better Im exhilarated.)

I couldn't see the goofy smile, but I could feel it from here. :thumb:

Saturday daytime my wife is headed to a baby shower, so I'll be doing some maintenance and setup work on one or two guitars, including a new (to me) Stratocaster. (This makes Strat #3...I needed one with a rosewood fingerboard instead of maple, lol. It's a "Made in Mexico" 1995 reissue of the 1962 model...has some pretty curl in the maple neck and it sounds good. Just need to set the action to my liking.) Saturday night we're heading to a friend's birthday party.

Sunday we continue the house hunt. There are quite a few properties available here (buyer's market)...just a matter of finding a place with the things each of us want. (And of course, we both have different priorities as to what we want.)

Friday: Will do a bit of shop cleaning and organizing this afternoon. Also need to do some yard work.

Saturday: Time for a little yard maintenance - trimming shrubs, etc. Hopefully, some shop time as well.

Sunday: NASCAR withdrawal treatments!!!

Sounds like my wife and I are going out to dinner tonight (according to her comment this morning..."You're taking me to dinner tonight" ;) ) Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be in the 50's here, so I've got most of my holes marked on the high chairs, need to make up a quick drilling jig or two, then go to town on getting tenon holes made and shapes cut out. Have a new bowl bit, so going to get the table tops cut out as well.

Jeff, sorry to hear about your uncle, may he rest in peace. I had a fb reminder yesterday for my uncle's birthday, he passed away 3 years ago suddenly, really miss him.

Sorry for your family loss Jeff.

Been an interesting week.

The new injection I had Monday seems to have lessened the pain in the back and leg a couple of points. We'll see how long it lasts.:crossed:

I have a new grand daughter.:D Caroline Joyce Green was around 7 pounds and 19" . Thats grandkid number 16. :eek::)

It's amazing what a little medication can do. I actually finished all the pens and acorn bird houses for the church holiday fair tomorrow. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

My hard drive went on my computer and had to be replaced. My camera, Kodak Easy Share, no longer has the software available for it so I haven't figured out how to put pictures on the computer yet.

Sunday is Church then the annual Thanksgiving dinner at the Church. I lost out on the lottery this year and have to peel about 200 pounds of potatoes :( Better than washing dishes I guess :)

Hopefully will hit the shop sometime Saturday for a few minutes and organize the long list of "gotta builds" for the family.

Almost forgot. I'm really glad you're feeling better Allen :thumb: :thumb::thumb: Enjoy the bagels ;)

... My camera, Kodak Easy Share, no longer has the software available for it so I haven't figured out how to put pictures on the computer yet. ...

Bob, I've been using one of our older cameras in my shop for a while. It's a Kodak Easy Share C180. I hook it up to the computer with a USB cable; there's a mini-usb on the camera. Turn on the power on the camera and a few seconds later, it shows up as another device. Open the folder, then copy and paste the images where you want them.

My condolences Jeff, congratulations Bob also real good to hear about your back and Allen getting back in the shop is good news.

I volunteered to pour hot chocolate for buyers of Xmas trees tomorrow (if there are any) in the freezing rain we supposed to have in the morning. So there goes my sat shop time as after that i get to go with Linda to some wine function friends of ours gave her last year for Xmas and has not been used yet.
Hoping to make use of the supposedly warming up on Sunday and Monday to get some of what is still left in the garage done and inside. Lets hope weather gives us a break its been nasty this past week.

Take a moment to think of all the folks in Buffalo man they got hit bad bad bad.

Enjoy the weekend guys.