Interesting site for handcrafted items

Interesting site. I found the following artist's statement a little misleading:

"... not only uses a wood lathe to turn his bowls, he uses it to turn his bowls twice – a technique that almost no other artist employs. Using salvaged maple blanks from local arborists and saw mills around his studio in ..., ....’s first turn comes when the wood is freshly cut and then again after a 3-4 month drying process, which .... controls in his home’s attic. He finishes by painting the outside of each bowl with traditional milk paint, completing a piece that’s handmade, heartfelt and utterly impossible for any machine to replicate. "

Thanks Steve - I love it when I see some braggin about American craftsmen. Contrary to some beliefs - we DO - still craftsmen here in this country.

We need to Brag more and take a sense of pride in what we do. Sometimes I think there is not enough of that going around.

I don't mean to belittle our friends all around the world either.
It's just that I get a bit tired of hearing how Americans have lost it with Craftsmanship.

Awesome link - I really enjoyed that.

Interesting site. I found the following artist's statement a little misleading:

"... not only uses a wood lathe to turn his bowls, he uses it to turn his bowls twice – a technique that almost no other artist employs. Using salvaged maple blanks from local arborists and saw mills around his studio in ..., ....’s first turn comes when the wood is freshly cut and then again after a 3-4 month drying process, which .... controls in his home’s attic. He finishes by painting the outside of each bowl with traditional milk paint, completing a piece that’s handmade, heartfelt and utterly impossible for any machine to replicate. "

Hmmm, Seems like every woodturner I read about who uses green wood uses the 'twice turned' technique. No need I reckon ifyou are using kiln dried.