Latest bandsaw projects

Scott Turner

Just finished the sliegh and treble clef. The sliegh is cherry and maple. The treble clef is red and white oak. The treble clef turned out to be more hand sanding than I bargained for. Finished them with danish oil. Had fun making them so now it's off to the next item. Heart shaped jewerly box.

Attachments

• sliegh.jpg
    sliegh.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 46
  • treble clef.jpg
    treble clef.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 50
Oh Scott great projects. I have 7 sleighs i have to make. Would love a plan of directions as to where u got yours. I have dollar store santas that i have to scale sled to match.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I drew up the sliegh plans on grid paper myself. The treble clef was a picture I downloaded from the internet. Blew it up to fit a full 8.5 X 11 page. I have since put both a hard board so I have templates for later. I don't think I will do the treble clef again. I have about 3 hrs of hand sanding and it still has some bandsaw marks on the inside. I hate to admit but I had to find a stopping point.

If I remember correctly the sliegh is 18" long on the rails. Eight inchs tall and 4.5 wide. I kinda feel like it needs some kind of design on the sides. Maybe some of the maple in fancy curly design. Probably can do that with my new scroll saw that is supposed to arrive Saturday. :D