small cherry/spalted maple blanket chest/coffee table

the chest has been sitting in my den/back room and Ive been getting compliments from friends and relatives, requests, which I turn them all down.
My daughter was supposed to be in the 15th, maybe sooner, but now the landlord/contractor is giving the typical stall excuses of all contractors, uh, wrong thing came in, had to reorder, this came in broken, etc.......so today the couch came, and exactly the way I told the last monkey brained driver from bob's to get in up the stairs, the new drivers did exactly what I knew they had too, got it right up the stairs.
The landlord promised my daughter shed be in by today, then yesterday said tomorrow, (she was told maybe this past Saturday)
the bathroom still has no toilet or sink installed, no floor, and unpainted walls. Im not sure how they expect to get it all done today.
I doubt shell be in by tomorrow.
Every day the daddy is on stand by, waiting with my tool box, need to fix some of her old furniture, need to install a coat rack, and other odds and ends, fix all furniture knobs, replace some, little stuff, but she doesn't want to start until shes in, cant blame her.
So Im waiting. Patiently, I might be celebrating new years eve with a screwdriver in my hand, not the kind with orange juice, the electric drill type.
but it is for my daughter, so that's that.