Happy Birthday to Me

:D

Great day, spent almost the entire day in the shop...missus took me to HomeDepot last night and picked up the tab for the lumber on a new bench I'm starting....just a little 4 footer, Douglas fir with MDF/Hardboard top and hopfully a vise or two down the road as the wallet allows... Didn't get far on it as I'm still in the re-arranging/cleaning mode...
Bench1.jpeg Bench2.jpeg

this allowed a couple of firsts for me, one being using the mortising attachment, the other running the dado blades on the radial arm saw...definitely going to have to get some dust collection going soon...
first1.jpeg First2.jpeg

And while we were at HD last night, they decided to give me a gift also....picked up a few ft. of 1x2 maple for the bench top edging, and as I was thumbing thru their stock for kicks and giggles, this beuaty slid right into the truck for the ride home...kinda of hard to cature the beauty, but it's there, all 8' 1x6 of her. I love cold weather, it brings out the quilt for that fuzzy warm feeling :D
HDGift1.jpeg HDGift2.jpeg

HDGift3.jpeg

As to thanking you all for the wonderful gifts, it'll have to wait until tomorrow, Post Office is closed today :rofl:

Aw man, the Birthday Patrol musta taken the day off. Ah well, better late than never, huh? :rolleyes:

And to make matters worse, I put in an order last week at the bakery for a "Ken birthday cake", and here's what they had waiting for me this afternoon when I went to pick it up...

974783852168dc5c46c9.jpg

:congrats::b-day::b-day_cake::headbang: Glad to see the HD came through for you your got a keeper in the wife department. Looks like she knows the way to a mans heart is through his stomach and his shop needs. :D:thumb: My kinda gal.

Your bench is way more sophisticated than the one i just made. I also used scraps and some were HD pine that had warped you wanna see how my legs rotate I think i got the only crooked legged bench. But the top is flat. :rofl: And it serves its purpose, fit for purpose and use i say what better quality rating is there than that.