An Observation and Confession

I visit other forums, but this is always my first stop, because I like the people here. It doesn't matter what phase of woodworking I am trying at the moment, I always receive good encouragement and support here as well as answers to questions I may have. I only wish I was knowledgeable enough to give back more. Lately I haven't contributed much because I have been busy with working on the basement. Wiring, hanging drywall, things I haven't done in thirty years, and darn, I don't remember it hurting so much thirty years ago.....

When it starts to hurt is when you get one of the Grandkids over and offer to teach him how to do it.

If handled correctly it might take a little while longer, but both parties come out as winners in the end :)

I belong to a number of forums, but only visit here and one other with any regularity... most of the others I've been away so long I've forgotten my sign-on on all but one. I check in here every morning while I have the morning coffee. Then usually again in the evenings while I'm watching TV in my study. I don't like to go onto the forums where people aren't being friendly, or are being snarky.... just too tedious to follow those kinds of threads.

And if we're doing confessions, I have to confess that I've lost my FWW hat.... I don't like to wear hats to begin with, but Larry brought me one on his one and only visit down this way and it became my favorite... I kept it in my truck to wear at the craft shows I do... last month I had it with me, but took it off when I was getting too warm... I dropped it in my chair behind the both and I think some sorry son picked it up.... I'm going to have to order another for next season.

I stand corrected.... The Ambassador has been down my way twice... once to the house for a visit and once he stopped by my booth at the Public Market... I was late getting in that day and almost missed him.