A Shop Day with my friend, Phil!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
2014-12-05 06.48.01.jpg

I needed some gifts for the church staff. Phil graciously offered his shop and his help. Yesterday we cranked out a few pens. There was cherry, walnut, Doug fir, pink ivory, paduak, bloodwood, and a couple dunno's. Haven't had a turning tool in hand for a while, but all went well. The best part was spending time with a friend at something we both enjoy.

And then we had chicken stir fry and butternut squash. Yum! He is also an excellent cook.

I love my talented friends!

And a good time was had by all. Sounds like a great time and you ended up with a nice bevy of pens/gifts. Sweet deal.

I see my favourite pen in that bunch. RHS, Flat Top American: that's the model I turn for my Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project. Got 7 done, 10 more to go!

The soldiers would love any of that bunch, Carol. A nice looking display of pens, and best of all you had fun turning them!

Thanks, Mack. Certainly not in your league, except for the having fun part. And it was good to have a wood tool in hand again. Its been a while.

So when you get your new shop done, are you building the cases for these or are you building trivets for the next time you go to his place?:bbq:

Sometimes I think shops would be better suited in a community center. You get to pick others brains and the tools don't just sit around and get rusty/ignored when life gets in the way.

I hate to think how far out my new shop might be. These are quickie gifts for staff and will be wrapped in whatever I find and handed out Dec. 23 at the office party.

I am privileged to be in Phil's shop and home often. It's just been a while since we made sawdust together. I am blessed with great friends!