Raised Panel Cabinet Doors

...Not sure if there's a good way to recover the bit, or it it's time to just get a new matching set. Not a big deal as I don't see any raised panel doors in my near future at any rate.

Depending on the brand, you might be able to buy just the one cutter you nicked. I know I've bought individual cutters from American Eagle (now part of MCLS), Infinity, and Freud. (Don't ask why...):rolleyes:

Well, lucky me, as I started playing with the panels, I noticed that the cuts were not as deep as they could be. Apparently my feather boards did not hold the panel down tight enough. So, Another quick pass through the bit and all the burn marks got cleaned up.

I did come up with a way to make a custom contoured sanding block though.

I put some packing tape on one of the test pieces that had the profile and using hot glue, I built up a custom piece of plastic with the exact contour of the relief for the panel.

Put a little sticky sand paper on it and it works like a champ. Could use this for sanding all types of funny contours.

Last edited:
What is this strange feeling, I'm feeling all light headed.

This project is all done. The doors mounted, the electronics setup, the remote works by rf instead of infrared, the tv is mounted on the wall, the wires are hidden. The positive pressure thermostatically controlled ventilation system is in place and operation!!!

Onto the table and chairs and chicken coop!

20150215_174220.jpg

Thanks folks. It's really nice just to have it off the list. Really like not seeing all the wires and lights!

My rule is to make a 'some' progress on something in the shop everyday, no matter how small. Progress is progress.

I figure if I can do that, things will eventually come together.