A first for me

Rob Keeble

Have any of you ever opened a brand new pack of Duracell Copper top batteries and had any faulty batteries?
I just had three in a batch of 12 from a brand new pack supposedly good to 2023.
Could not believe it. So much so i took my Maglite torch apart but came back to switching out batteries.
Oh well will see how they do honoring the guarantee.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Funny you should mention that. I saw a thread on a jukebox forum I participate that mentioned they had bought some duracell batteries that had weak cells, and that some of them were leaking.

See if you can find Procell ( online is best). They are the commerical/industrial brand of Duracell without the ad hype...cheaper and seem to last longer although it could be my imagination!

Have any of you ever opened a brand new pack of Duracell Copper top batteries and had any faulty batteries?
I just had three in a batch of 12 from a brand new pack supposedly good to 2023.
Could not believe it. So much so i took my Maglite torch apart but came back to switching out batteries.
Oh well will see how they do honoring the guarantee.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Yup, my smoke detector started beeping after less than 3 weeks. I reported it and got a $10 voucher for more batteries!

Yep! Had a pack of AAA's that were bad. They leaked inside a new Lee Valley work light within a month, and ruined the light.

Surprisingly, when I called LV, and tried to buy a new barrel for the lamp, they insisted on shipping me a whole new lamp, and asked me to send the destroyed one back. Terrific customer service on LV's part. Not so much for Duracell...