Bench leveler

surface flattening, router sled, whatever one calls it, I am tired of shimming everything to off-set the ski-slope cement floor, and so, I let the hillbilly in me run free lol.

I started with a couple of sections of an old bed frame{ I don't throw anything away if there's a even just a slight chance in it being reusable} and leveled them in both directions, and clamped them...the blue tape was supoosed to help me stay aware of the ends sticking out...didn't work very well :doh::D
1.jpeg

Then I used up some scraps making a carriage for my laminate trimmer {too lazy to remove the router from it's table/home}, I also used some more bed frame to act as guide type thingy. The sled actually slid on the 2x6 across the long angle iron and the short piece was just tight enough to take out any rocking action, don't know if it was really needed, but arguing with myself never ends well lol....
2.jpeg 3.jpeg

Then it was just a matter of running the router back and forth across the the sled and moving the sled down the length of the bench frame...
4.jpeg 5.jpeg

This photo gives you an idea how much my floor slopes from north to south, even spit balls would roll off that :(...
6.jpeg

About an hour after firing up the trimmer, and 2 passes, she's a keeper now...
7.jpeg 9.jpeg

10.jpeg8.jpeg

Not sure how you more experienced folks would do it, but it worked and cost me nothing but roughly 2 1/2 hrs of time and some electricity...Anyways, next on the agenda is to trim out the Mdf top, and then...and then...and then... :thud:but I am having fun!!! :champagne:

Old bed rails! Nice! I've got some of those!

I'm thinking I could actually do this!

Glenn, You are the real MVP!

Nice job with the materials at hand. That kinda means you can't move the bench much without re leveling it, right?

Correct, but this is where I've had a bench of some sort since the garage was built. I like the location as to lighting from the windows and I usually face the door so any unexpected taps on the shoulder or greetings are nipped in the bud...and, I marked an outline around the base of each leg just incase :thumb: :D