Beer Tote

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
This week I'm getting in some last minute gifts in the shop. A co-worker sent me a link to a beer tote, this is my proto-type, I'll be making the final ones a 1/4" - 1/2" wider/longer to accommodate the shorter fat bottles too, they won't fit in this one.

2014-12-14 18.41.25.jpg 2014-12-17 22.29.27.jpg

The rest will probably be from white oak, this one was cherry since I had a bunch of scrap to use up.

This was the original link: http://rogueengineer.com/diy-beer-tote-plans/

Darren shared those plans with me a few days ago. I made a version too.

If you use those plans, you may want to double check the sizes.

I made mine to make sure it fit the shorter stubby bottles as well as the long tall ones as well, and extended the sides up a little higher.

I made a couple of prototypes first that have since gone up the chimney.

Really a quick and easy project though.

tote.jpg

Nice job Brent and Darren. Ken i like yours more simply because theirs dont hold many if Larrys coming around. Last i was at his place them Michiganders drink jugs none of this small beer bottle stuff. Lol. Only a cooler would hold them cold. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Next one I make is going to be sized for the 'bomber' size bottles. Would be cool to figure out a way to make the center divider things some kind of insulated foam.

You brewers need to personalize those carriers...

I actually have a 'brand' I created for 'stuff' I do around here. I call my place the 'Isolated Desert Compound'

I paid a guy to create a logo for me. I'm thinking I should make up some stickers with it.

Isolated Desert Compound.jpg

:rofl: Touché

You brewers need to personalize those carriers... Ex: 'Wright *Brothers* beer, the original flying fuel' {*Brothers* being the six of them ;)}...

'Dowell Beer-get pegged' :D

You read my mind (kinda scary Ken), been working on that. ;) I just got a coat of lacquer on, mostly to help seal it but didn't want to look too finished. I sanded down the handle, sprayed some rust colored primer on it and the opener, them rubbed some back off to give the handle a rusty look and to make the opener an it match. Then a shot of lacquer over both...
2014-12-20 11.31.19.jpg 2014-12-20 11.31.31.jpg

I actually have a 'brand' I created for 'stuff' I do around here. I call my place the 'Isolated Desert Compound'

I paid a guy to create a logo for me. I'm thinking I should make up some stickers with it.

View attachment 87958

'Stickers' as in labels? Be cool if the pricings right. :thumb:

You read my mind (kinda scary Ken), been working on that. ;) I just got a coat of lacquer on, mostly to help seal it but didn't want to look too finished. I sanded down the handle, sprayed some rust colored primer on it and the opener, them rubbed some back off to give the handle a rusty look and to make the opener an it match. Then a shot of lacquer over both...
View attachment 87959 View attachment 87960

Don't worry about the mind reading thing Darren, I didn't mention any of the naughty stuff to Santa :D....luv the paint work, nice touch!

Well, that didn't last long, it reached its three steal limit in about 2 minutes at our family cut throat exchange tonight. I've got a bunch of white oak milled for some more though. ;)

its a nice stand alone piece, like put it on a shelf in a bar room, or man cave. would make a nice gift for anyone with a bar, den, man cave, etc..

Ill put it on my list. thanx for sharing this project. they look great, brent, Darren, good projects.