almost serious accident

This afternoon my childhood friend and I were putting a pot call together for hi s son-in-law , I turned my flashlight on to get a look at the underside just to make sure that the glass sounding board was still in place. As I looked up under I lost Equilibrium and was grabbing for something to catch myself. L ast year this happened once but lately sitting up in the bed in the morning and laying down I get dizzy. I see the doc in the morning for my pre-op for knee replacement. I hope she can tel me what happening. Hate to think of not getting over this, driving, the bike, I'm a bit worried.

Sounds like you should have it looked at for sure. One of my best friends had a wreck last year, started laughing at something on the radio and passed out from it. It was a one truck accident and he was hurt, but not badly and has recovered, could have been worse though. He's not allowed to listen to the radio when driving now according to his wife. ;)

My neighbor who rides, has been going thru dizzy spells for over a year now. Doc's still can't pinpoint the cause. Luckily he gets some sort of feeling/sensation about a minute or so before it slaps him, so he can at least get to the side of the road {for now anyways :crossed:}...yes, be careful Dave!

Last edited:
Dehydration does it for me. Room temperature water. 16 oz. over 30 minutes. Then 8 oz every hour for a day. Then stay hydrated. Better to have to pee than to pass out.

I'm not riding until well after my knee replacement late January. Bike's on trickle charge. So hopefully the doc can tell me whats happening this morning.

Good news , doc says it's inner ear infection. I have to wait till Friday to get it looked at by the E,E&N doc

Last edited: