Finished one Office Chair

My wife finally picked out a fabric and I put it on. I'm not an experienced upholsterer so this was a challenge for me - gimp (the edge trim) hides a lot of sins, however.

Now I just have to finish the other chair.

Mike

Attachments

• Office chairs 001 (575 x 909).jpg
    Office chairs 001 (575 x 909).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Office chairs 003 (615 x 1014).jpg
    Office chairs 003 (615 x 1014).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Office chairs 002 (600 x 886).jpg
    Office chairs 002 (600 x 886).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 56
Hi Mike, :wave:
That is a very nice choice of fabric, it goes handsomely in color and texture with the wood. A marvelous project and quite well done.
Thanks for sharing it with us.:D
Shaz

Very nicely done, Mike. Is that your chair design, or from other plans? Incidentally, ANYONE that can do "Carving" that nice, can certainly do Upholstery.:thumb: :D

Very nicely done, Mike. Is that your chair design, or from other plans? Incidentally, ANYONE that can do "Carving" that nice, can certainly do Upholstery.:thumb: :D
It's my design. My wife tells me what she wants and I have to figure out how to do it. I did make a design mistake - I didn't put enough angle on the back. I put about 4* and I should have put maybe double that. To compensate, I mounted the chair on the mechanism with a 1/2 inch spacer in the front to give the whole chair more of a cant. Next time I'l know better. If the chair was in an office were I was really working, the back would be "okay" but I use it more as a lounge chair and want more comfort so a more angled back would be better.

Regarding upholstery - the pros have nothing to fear from me. I really dislike doing upholstery. I'm not looking forward to doing the second chair.

Mike

Great job, Mike. I already liked the way it was looking a while back when you showed a sneak peek, but you finished it out very well. :clap:

Since the angle is all wrong and you will certainly never be comfortable in it, you should send that one to me and make yours with the proper back angle!:D

Seriously, the chairs look great and I'm sure are comfortable too! For someone that doesn't like upholstery, you sure did a nice job. Thanks for sharing!

Great job Mike.

Although instead of an office chair it looks to me that it is a "siesta" inviting chair, I saiy it because of the "comfy" appearance:D