Last Winter grilling

Looks like a nice size. When I was doing competition our smoker looked about that size, two shelves inside, double walled and insulated, was called "the Beast". Can remember having over 300 lbs of meat on it at once for a party. Now days for parties we'd cook most of it ahead of time, put it in food savers and reheat the packages in a turkey fryer, maybe put some back on the smoker to firm it up.

Hey Paul looking at the pic it had me wondering have you got the same snow this year? We aint got anything on the ground that has stuck around yet this year (touch wood so far).

We BBQ all winter long never let it stop me. :thumb:

Darren if you see this exactly how do you reheat BBQ meat you had frozen in the turkey frier? This intrigues me. Using oil or boil in the bag concept?

How long do you keep your oil on a turkey frier as a matter of interest? Its part of the reason ours dont get used that much outside of the fat/health issue.

Darren if you see this exactly how do you reheat BBQ meat you had frozen in the turkey frier? This intrigues me. Using oil or boil in the bag concept?

How long do you keep your oil on a turkey frier as a matter of interest? Its part of the reason ours dont get used that much outside of the fat/health issue.

We actually boiled them the packages in water using the turkey fryer, not oil. but just sealed the cooked meat in food saver bags, froze, and boiled to re-heat. Depending on the thickness of the package, usually 30 - 45 minutes to re-heat. Tastes just as good as off the smoker. Things do tend to get soggy looking, so putting some of it back on the smoker to dry the surface a little helped, but really wasn't necessary. As for the oil, I never used one often enough to keep the oil, so usually drained the pot back into the jug(s) and dropped it with a local restaurant when I could find one to take it.

I smoked my first full brisket a few months ago. It took 17 hours and was awesome. I built the cooker because I was tired of trying to cook food for my large family on the Webber grill. I have some work to do on the cooker before it is completely finished. I have a bunch of 1/2" stainless rods that need to be welded into a rack so I can set a whole hog on the grill. I also need to finish the charcoal rack system. I made it so the charcoal racks can be raised and lowered to adjust the distance from the meat. The rack lowers down to a door in the back where I can pull out the racks and add charcoal as needed. (this helps keep the heat in the grill) I cooked food for 50 people at our family reunion for the cookers inaugural use. I can fit a case of split chickens on it with room to spare. (24 halves)

The oven on the end is awesome. I can heat veggie's on top as it will boil water easily. I have been toying with the idea of making a hood for that so i could cook a pizza. I mostly cook with wood rather than commercial charcoal and much prefer the taste. Nothing like cooking with hickory, cherry, oak, mesquite, or other such woods. Who knows, it may host a family woodworking cookout someday.